This means that the Ethiopian customer base will continue to take advantage of Ethiopian Airlines' regional expertise, and Travelport's revolutionary products and services, including the industry-leading point of sale solution for agencies, Travelport Smartpoint, which was recently upgraded to further boost agent efficiency.
Official statistics show that Arik Air lifts half of Nigerian air passenger traffic on the domestic route.
"We are capable and desirous of handling the airline", he added.
Arik's Managing Director Captain Roy Ilegbodu reported in August that the company had stabilized under AMCON's leadership, with services running smoothly and salaries paid.
Shardul Thakur Tells Media Why He Chose Jersey Number 10
Mumbaikar Shardul Thakur debuted in the 4th ODI against Sri Lanka and put up a good show by taking his debut wicket. Thakur though revealed why he had chosen the number 10 India jersey after the end of the Colombo match on Thursday.
WoldeMariam did not specify details of the offer, but added that he expects to face competition for Arik from global airlines.
The Addis Ababa flag carrier, which began operations in April 1946, has won several accolades in the recent past including African Airline of the Year in 2015 and 2016 by the African Aviation and in 2014 ranked the largest in Africa in revenue by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
Ethiopian Airlines also manages Asky Airlines in Lome, in a joint ownership with the Togo government, and the Malawian Airlines, also jointly with the government.
"Following the bid opened by the Nigerian government, we are negotiating to secure management contract of Arik Air", Mr Esayas said, responding to the rumours about the impending deal.
- Megan McKenna's singing voice shocks Loose Women viewers
- Chopper scam: CBI chargesheets ex-IAF Chief SP Tyagi, others
- Futures point to a higher open as Wall Street wraps up August
- The lululemon athletica inc. (LULU) Receives Hold Rating from Jefferies Group LLC
- Asked Again About 2020, Sanders Denounces Media Obsession with "Never-Ending Campaigns"
- Don't Wag Your Finger At Denis Shapovalov
- Kia hints new concept indicates next-gen cee'd
- Shah Rukh Khan and Kabir Khan to do a film together?
- Cardinal Murphy-O'Connor, former Archbishop of Westminster, dies, aged 85
- FDA Approves Mylotarg for Treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukemia