Several colleagues of Anand Ramlogan were denied access to the former attorney general this morning as they attempted to visit him just hours after his arrest.
They went into the building and exited within a minute before leaving the scene.
Mr. Ramlogan was taken to the police headquarters on Sackville Street, Port of Spain where he remains.
West had alleged that Ramlogan called him days before his appointment to the PCA and asked him to withdraw as a witness in a matter involving then Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley.
Tropical Storm Lidia Forecast Discussion Number 7
That area's pristine, turquoise-water beaches are home to the strip of luxury resorts known as Los Cabos, which draws more than a million tourists each year.
The investigation into Ramlogan surrounds allegations of witness tampering initiated by acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams in January 2015.
They include former National Security Minister Gary Griffith, former Legal Affairs Minister Prakash Ramadhar, former Minister in the Ministry of Finance Vasant Bharath, and former Housing Minister Dr. Roodal Moonilal.
Up to last night, he was still being questioned by investigators.
- Sunderland finalise loan deal for midfielder Jonny Williams
- Shark Trails Man After He Swims Out To Sea To Evade Police
- Indian court slaps 10-yr imprisonment on Ram Raheem for rape
- La Tour Eiffel éteint son phare jusqu'à octobre
- DMK to meet President as Governor refuses to intervene
- Roger Federer survives US Open return in 5 sets
- Celebs accept Kevin Hart's challenge, donate to Hurricane Harvey relief
- Critic of Rwandan president taken from home by police
- Saison 18 : découvrez les coulisses spectaculaires d'un tournage compliqué
- Eric Trump: Negative media could make you kill yourself out of depression