Several colleagues of Anand Ramlogan were denied access to the former attorney general this morning as they attempted to visit him just hours after his arrest.
They went into the building and exited within a minute before leaving the scene.
Mr. Ramlogan was taken to the police headquarters on Sackville Street, Port of Spain where he remains.
West had alleged that Ramlogan called him days before his appointment to the PCA and asked him to withdraw as a witness in a matter involving then Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley.
L'ONCF renforce son plan de transport pour Aid Al Adha
De son côté, le Comité national de prévention des accidents de la circulation (CNPAC) a appelé tous les conducteurs à respecter les règles élémentaires de sécurité routière.
The investigation into Ramlogan surrounds allegations of witness tampering initiated by acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams in January 2015.
They include former National Security Minister Gary Griffith, former Legal Affairs Minister Prakash Ramadhar, former Minister in the Ministry of Finance Vasant Bharath, and former Housing Minister Dr. Roodal Moonilal.
Up to last night, he was still being questioned by investigators.
- DMK to meet President as Governor refuses to intervene
- L'OM renonce à Vainqueur ?
- Shark Trails Man After He Swims Out To Sea To Evade Police
- March calls attention to uptick in NYC overdose deaths
- Sharapova advances, Zverev and Wozniacki exit US Open
- Tiger Woods posts video of short game practice
- FDA grants accelerated approval to benznidazole for Chagas disease
- Sénégal : le cyberactiviste Assane Diouf bientôt rapatrié des Etats-Unis ?
- Russian Federation 2018: Uganda Beat Egypt As Ghana's Faint Hopes Revive
- Tropical Storm Lidia Forecast Discussion Number 7