"Louisiana will remain in this storm's path for the next week, from Southwest Louisiana to North Louisiana".
"We have fantastic people on the ground, got there long before #Harvey".
The category 4 storm brought flooding and destruction to the region, with more than 2,000 people rescued so far, according to Houston police.
Landrieu cited the storm's uncertain path and the city's diminished draining capacity, telling residents to stay off the roads if they can. On Tuesday, rains flooded a few of the city's streets, but not to the same extent.
Tropical Storm Harvey moved ashore, making landfall near the Johnson Bayou/Holly Beach area around 3:00 AM with maximum sustained winds of 45 miles per hour.
"We are one American family", he said, adding, "We will get through this".
Today's gentle giant whales were once fearsome predators with sharp teeth
Can't get here from there: New research suggests baleen filters emerged independently from ancient "raptorial" teeth. But until now, researchers weren't exactly sure how ancient whales put their teeth to use.
Cameron Parish Administrator Ryan Bourriaque says storm surge appears to have caused little damage along Louisiana's southwestern coast, although some water remains on roadways in parts of the parish. He said officials are likely to consider lifting a mandatory evacuation order for the southern end of the parish once damage assessments are complete. "We will come out stronger, and believe me we will be bigger, better, stronger than ever before".
State offices in 28 parishes and most Baton Rouge area schools won't open Wednesday in anticipation of possible severe weather.
The agency said it would need volunteers for the next couple of years.
Edwards said life-saving efforts such as search and rescue and shelters will be needed, especially in southwest Louisiana where forecasters say 10 to 20 inches of rain could fall.
Duke said she had no answer about whether the Trump administration would accept Mexico's offer of assistance.
City officials say the latest forecast for Hurricane Harvey leaves New Orleans mostly out of harm's way.
Tornadoes could also threaten southwest Louisiana, which was under a tornado watch Monday.
- Motorola Moto X4 to be announced at IFA 2017 this week
- Read Paris Jackson's Touching Birthday Tribute to Her Late Father Michael Jackson
- The Division Free Update 1.8 is Bringing New Content This Fall
- LaVar Ball releases trailer for Facebook reality show 'Ball in the Family'
- Texas Man Reconnects With Father After Hurricane Harvey
- In Brazil : Court suspends decree allowing Amazon reserve mining
- Conservative firebrand Tomi Lahren is joining Fox News
- VIDEO PHOTOS Joy-Anna Duggar is pregnant with her first child
- West Brom launch audacious bid to sign Grzegorz Krychowiak from PSG
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes