The three officers were shot near a Ramada Inn Wednesday afternoon, KCRA reported.The officers are alive, but their conditions are unknown.
One sheriff's deputy and two California Highway Patrol officers were hit and transported to the hospital.
Turnbull said officers are searching for what he described as the shooter. Officers were dispatched to a room at the Ramada Inn Hotel, located at 600 Auburn Boulevard, as part of their investigation when the shooting happened.
When officers went into the motel to search the room, a suspect opened fire through the door and walls, striking two CHP officers.
It is unknown if there are more suspects inside the hotel, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department.
Sandra Bullock donates $1M to American Red Cross for Harvey relief
Many people are wondering how to help the thousands of victims of flooding caused by the storm that used to be Hurricane Harvey . The Red Cross is also warning you to check the group collection donations.
A high-speed chase followed the shootings and after the suspect crashed he was shot by officers during an exchange of gunfire, according to authorities.
A helicopter was overhead telling people to "lock their doors, stay inside and report any suspicious activity" following this incident, KCRA's Mike Luery reported. At some point, one sheriff's deputy was shot.
Fulton Avenue and Auburn Boulevard are shut down to traffic.
Several SWAT vehicles from multiple different law enforcement agencies were on scene.
- Browns trade OL Erving to Chiefs
- "La lutte contre le terrorisme islamiste", priorité de la diplomatie — Emmanuel Macron
- Banks see profits rise but non-interest income falls
- Oil prices fall as refinery production dips in US
- Ed Cunningham walks away from announcing
- Fautly spambot leaks 711 million email addresses
- Coast Guard advises storm victims against use of social media
- Fin de saison pour Pierre-Ambroise Bosse, agressé en vacances !
- Mercato : Edouard, en C1 contre le PSG ?
- USA clears first 'living drug' for tough childhood leukemia