"The important thing is to win because is normal that you have some nerves at the beginning and you get a little bit tight at the beginning of the tournament".
His withdrawal caused Nadal and Roger Federer to both be in the same half of the draw, preventing a potential meeting between the two in the final in NY. Murray has been criticised in some quarters for not pulling out before the draw, which would have led to Nadal and Federer being seeded No 1 and No 2 and on course to meet in the final.
Federer, the owner of the all-time record 19 Slam crowns, by contrast, said he would "love" the opportunity to face Nadal in the semis.
World number one Rafael Nadal's quest for a 16th grand slam title will face a fresh test when he battles Japan's Taro Daniel in the pair's first-ever meeting at the U.S. Open on Thursday. "It was a bit odd that he retired the morning after the draw".
"Overall I think the inspiration is being here, really", Sharapova said in a video on the US Open website.
Logitech Craft Keyboard has an amusing Customizable Dial
Romer-G switches actuate at a distance of 1.5mm, which is up to 25 percent shorter and faster than the leading competitor. To be able to unleash such an innovative product, Logitech has entered into a partnership with a Swiss company .
The timing matters to Nadal because Murray was seeded number two for the tournament, meaning they were in different halves of the draw, and would not have met until the final. So I wish him a fast and good recovery. You retire on Monday morning or Sunday afternoon, not Saturday morning. "If not, you can do it before the draw".
"It has been a great year and I hope we can keep playing like this".
Below, you can find all the viewing information for Day 4 at the US Open as well as a full list of singles matches with seeded competition involved.
Nadal, who pulled out of Wimbledon in 2009 on the Friday night after the draw had been made due to ongoing knee problems, ultimately won comfortably against Lajovic but looked far from comfortable during the opening set under the roof on Arthur Ashe Stadium. "I mean, even people didn't think he was going to win the French Open again".
Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova won the first set 6-2 against Magda Linette of Poland, then the players waited between sets while the retractable roof was closed.
- Blue Whale Challenge Killed One More Teenager In Tamil Nadu
- Sandra Bullock Donates $1 Million to Hurricane Harvey Relief
- Les Galeries Lafayette vont racheter La Redoute
- Colas, filiale de Bouygues, acquiert le groupe canadien Miller McAsphalt
- Roger Federer struggles through first round at US Open
- Une scène coupée du dernier épisode expliquée — Game of Thrones
- Panayotis Pascot quitte Quotidien
- Frankfurt to evacuate 60000 people to defuse British WWII bomb
- Smart Vision EQ ForTwo Concept May be the Future of Car Sharing
- Google va vous aider à chercher une place de parking