Hyundai Motor's Chinese factories have a combined production capacity of 1.4 million cars a year.
Beijing Hyundai, a joint venture between Hyundai Motor and China's BAIC Motor, ground its four factories to a halt gradually from last week to Tuesday, after the supplier refused to provide plastic fuel tanks when it did not receive payment.
Hyundai Motor's sales from its Chinese factories fell 64 percent to 105,000 vehicles in April-June alone. Hyundai Motor did not confirm the value of the delayed payments.
A Hyundai staffer said, "We are continuing talks with the parts maker over back pay and will strive to ensure smooth supplies from other components makers". From January to July, Hyundai sold around 350-thousand vehicles in China, down 41 percent from the 600-thousand or so units it sold previous year.
1000 blocs de béton pour une Braderie de Lille sous haute sécurité
Ils barreront les 29 accès piétonniers où seront effectués des contrôles et fouilles aléatoires, a souligné Martine Aubry. Les éditions précédentes avaient brassé jusqu'à 2,5 millions de visiteurs venus de tout l'hexagone et de l'étranger.
This year, Hyundai Motor has suffered sharp declines in Chinese sales due to a diplomatic row between Seoul and Beijing over the deployment of an advanced USA missile defense system in Korea. "Once a new union leader is elected next month, a leadership structure should be in place by October, and these people can then handle the wage deal in November", a union spokesman said.
The trade union made a decision to suspend talks until October after new leadership is elected.
In Seoul, management and union talks broke down Wednesday after they failed to agree on salary increases next year.
The production stoppage that is resolved at the moment, contributes to investor issues after the South Korean automaker posted its smallest quarterly profit in five years in the middle of political headwinds linked to diplomatic tensions between South Korea and China.
- There's Hope yet for the West Indies as they silence the doubters
- Obsidian Turned Down a Game of Thrones Video Game and Here's Why
- Venezuelan Opposition Backs US Sanctions amid International Condemnation
- U2 dévoile un extrait de son prochain album
- Kanye West Countersued Over Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Irish patient contracts Hepatitis B from blood transfusion
- Leicester : Mahrez, autorisé à officialiser son transfert
- After Many Misses, Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting
- Note ban meant to bring cash down in economy, says Jaitley
- Governor Edwards to update on Harvey, Louisiana impact