The issue may have stemmed from a mismanaged Google group, which allowed some Essential customers to learn the email addresses of other customers. He noted the DomainKeys Identification-a means of authenticating an email's original sender-confirmed the message came from Essential, but replies were mistakenly being sent to everyone who received the original email. Customers were made to wait for longer than they expected and now that their units have started shipping, some of them have been hit by a phishing attack. Wrongdoers, posing as Essential Products Customer Care, have tried to acquir pictures of official document-driver's license, state ID, or passport- from customers, leading them to believe that said documents need to be presented in order to validate their Essential Phone orders.
This verification is performed to protect against unauthorized use of your payment information and similar to what is conducted for in-person purchases.
After requiring customers who ordered the Essential phone to provide their driver's license information over email to verify their shipping address, CEO Andy Rubin today apologized for the incident in a blog post, calling it "humiliating" and that he is "personally responsible for this error". The Essential PhAndroid one will feature most of the high-end specs you'd expect from a premium phone (Qualcomm 835 processor, 4GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage), but features one of the fullest, bezel-free displays we've yet to see on a modern smartphone.
Dawood Ibrahim being sheltered by Pakistan, says Home Secretary
Mehrishi said the government is taking all required action so that Ibrahim could be brought back to India. There have been speculations that Mehrishi may be appointed as governor.
It is not a Phishing scam.
"I've accumulated quite a collection of D/Ls, Passports, credit card statements, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses", Schnell said. Essential should already have a customer's billing info and should not need to ask for it again in this manner. That tweet offers little in the way of information, with Essential merely saying that it is aware of the situation and taking steps to mitigate it.
- US Demands for UN Inspection of Its Military Sites "Only a Dream"
- World No.1 Nadal starts US Open with comfortable win
- Get Lost With Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition in 2018
- Columbus Day to become Indigenous Peoples' Day in Los Angeles
- Fostered Christian girl may move overseas to live with her grandmother
- Christopher Columbus Beheaded in New York — More Statue Vandalism
- NTPC OFS gets tepid response from institutional investors
- Former Presidents Bush Express Support in Wake of Harvey
- Vermintide 2 Announced — Surprise! Warhammer
- Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United 'in Andre Gomes battle'