Former Pakistani President and Army chief Pervez Musharraf was today declared an absconder in the Benazir Bhutto murder case, Pakistani media reported.
They were set to walk free almost 10 years after they were first arrested, though a defence lawyer said it was not yet clear when they would be released. "Why would we investigate those who were inside the vehicle?" the prosecutor asked.
The FIA prosecutor argued that if there were discrepancies regarding the dates of the arrests of the suspects, the fault lies with the police, not the FIA.
The trial of the five began in February 2008. After the PPP won the election in the same year, the case was handed over to FIA, ANI added.The agency's special prosecutor in the case was killed by unknown assailants in 2013. 23 Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) workers had also died in the attack.
In November 2008, an ATC indicted Aitzaz Shah, Sher Zaman, Abdul Rasheed, Rafaqat Hussain and Hasnain Gul for killing, hatching a criminal conspiracy to kill, abetting the perpetrators, using illegal explosive material and spreading terrorism.
Study Finds New Dads in US Are Older Then Ever
With advancing age the average age difference between mothers and fathers have shrunk from 2.7 years in 1972 to 2.3 years in 2015. Between 1972 and 2015, the average paternal age at the time of an American child's birth grew from 27.4 years to 30.9 years.
The truth is that Bhutto was targeted for deviating from U.S. policy, said Khalid, adding that there were no explosives in the suicide jacket that the suspects had submitted for DNA testing. Moreover, the suspect's DNA report has not been submitted to the court, he said.
Meanwhile, former CPO Saud Aziz and SP Khurram Shahzad have been sentenced to 17-year prison respectively.
The statements of those injured in the attack have yet to be recorded and the post mortem of the bodies was not done, the lawyer pointed out.
It merits to mention here that erstwhile president Pervez Musharraf is also a suspect in the case, who has remained absconding since the beginning. The police presented three challans before the court, whereas the FIA presented five.
Imtiaz said that the crime scene was washed after merely an hour in order to wipe out evidence and the area wasn't cordoned off as per the standard procedure worldwide.
- Nokia 130 Now Available In India
- Frankfurt to evacuate 60000 people to defuse British WWII bomb
- Colas, filiale de Bouygues, acquiert le groupe canadien Miller McAsphalt
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Laurent Berger (CFDT) "déçu" par les arbitrages — Code du travail
- Panayotis Pascot quitte Quotidien
- Logitech Craft Keyboard has an amusing Customizable Dial
- Mueller reportedly teams up with Schneiderman in Manafort probe
- Smart Vision EQ ForTwo Concept May be the Future of Car Sharing
- Buy, Sell and Hold Suggestions for Tiffany & Co. (TIF)