Leicester City did that effectively for most of Saturday's 2-0 loss to the hosting Red Devils, but Mourinho's substitutes shined in lifting the Old Trafford set to its third-straight win to start the Premier League season.
After a poor performance against Real Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup, Lindelof has been left out of United's Premier League side for their first three games, failing to even make the substitutes' bench on two of those occasions.
Three wins out of three for Manchester United, just like the start of last season. The team is playing very well and I'm very confident.
Marcos Rojo will provide another quality alternative when he returns from a knee ligament injury later in the season and Mourinho is a firm admirer of 19-year-old Axel Tuanzebe. "But nine points after three matches is nothing different for us because we did that last season". "We are comfortable on the ball and unsafe on the counter attack, But nine points after three matches is nothing different for us because we did that last season".
Hurricane Harvey disaster relief: How to help
It is too soon to gauge the full extent of Harvey's damage to the region's energy infrastructure, he said. Traders have been keeping a close eye on whether there will be an outage at the pipeline.
"It was easy to know it is the goal", Mourinho said, "because it is the first time I really understood the stadium was full".
Mourinho expects the depth of his squad to be tested after the global break, with United set to play seven fixtures in 22 days. When I say second part normally we say January after Christmas, when the transfer window reopens in January. "All the players are motivated". If I don't have them on the bench, I can not make successful changes.
Victor Lindelof would rather be playing as he adapts to life at Manchester United, but concedes he faces intense competition for a first-team spot.
Mourinho was ready with a simple response, "If I have to choose a word to try to describe my team, I would say solid". The thinking seemed that Shakespeare, in making his changes, removed the two Leicester players who work back hardest in Shinji Okazaki and Marc Albrighton and so he could attack. I watched the match many times. He's complaining about an ankle problem so he's the kind of player where we need to have him always in our hands with a lot of care from the medical department, from the fitness coach, from my assistants, in the gym, working always on prevention, on recovery.
- Mercato ligue 1: Mbappé prêté au PSG avec option d'achat!
- Hurricane Harvey just broke another rainfall record in Texas
- Trending Stock: Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC)
- How to donate wisely to disaster relief, charity
- 'We're Just Not There Yet': Pentagon Confirms Trump Afghanistan Strategy on Hold
- Anti-Gay Manifesto Signed by 150 Religious Leaders
- Toshiba to continue talks with bidders for chip unit: Jiji
- Harvey swamps evacuation shelter on Texas-Louisiana border
- Federal Bureau of Investigation refuses to publish documents about Clinton's email handling
- US National Guard ready to dispatch 30K troops over Harvey