"We went to the Rangers and said 'hey, let's switch series". You guys have our home series. "They rejected that and didn't want to do that. They wanted all six games at their park". "We are extremely grateful to the Tampa Bay Rays organization for allowing us to use their facility".
McCullers provided his own take on Twitter.
"We were prepared to make the event all about hurricane relief and helping our neighbors", he said.
Daniels, however, said that the Rangers were not "looking for a competitive advantage". That's an inaccurate portrayal.We didn't feel it was right to give our fans 24 hours notice that their tickets in late September were now good this week. But MLB announced that it has not yet determined a location for the Mets-Astros series.
Mercato ligue 1: Mbappé prêté au PSG avec option d'achat!
Aux dernières nouvelles, Mbappé sera officiellement au PSG en juillet 2018 [VIDEO ]. Il est resté sur le banc monégasque dimanche soir.
If the Astros play both series in Florida, they will end up playing 19 straight games away from Houston, where the AL Central leaders last played on August 24. But when a natural disaster strikes, baseball takes a backseat, and Daniels should have known that he'd take some heat for his decision.
Astros president Reid Ryan told reporters that the Rangers declined a proposed swap of dates that would have Houston host a series initially scheduled for Arlington in late September.
The Associated Press reported earlier Monday that the Astros' three-game home series against the Mets, which starts Friday, also will be played at Tropicana Field.
- European broadcast group buys rest of Colorado online video ad firm
- Man dies on the sets of Anushka's film 'Pari'
- Hurricane Harvey just broke another rainfall record in Texas
- US National Guard ready to dispatch 30K troops over Harvey
- Anti-Gay Manifesto Signed by 150 Religious Leaders
- Bungie Offering Destiny 2 Freebie For Supporting Hurricane Harvey Relief
- FIRST ALERT WEATHER DAY: Potential Tropical Storm Impact Tomorrow
- Federal Judge Blocks Texas' Ban on 'Sanctuary Cities'
- Oil up as USA rigs and refineries brace for hurricane
- Fall is coming: Pumpkin spice now available as deodorant