During the weekend of September 16-17, local parishes will collect money to support relief and reconstruction efforts, as well as Catholic churches that were damaged or are providing ministry in the flood zone.
Once you decide where to donate, giving money, not supplies, is best, Rosenzweig said.
With Governor Phil Bryant asking MS residents to stay put and not head to Texas to help with relief efforts, many of you may be turning to charities and organizations to make donations. "Give generously to a charity if you are inclined, but always research an organization before sending money".
In June, Facebook announced that its Safety Check feature - a tool for users to mark themselves as "safe" during emergencies and natural disasters - would integrate support for crisis-specific fundraising.
Where and how to give: Your contribution can be most effective when you give according to the charities' needs.
Brown Forman Corporation (NASDAQ:BF.B) Expected To Report Earnings On Wednesday
JPMe +1%), while trends in the developed markets outside of the USA were weaker than anticipated primarily due timing (flat vs. Brown holds 628,577 (0.16% of shares outstanding) and Brown George Garvin Iv holds 540,790 (0.14% of shares outstanding).
If a friend forwards a URL, phone number or email, don't trust it until you check its validity.
Look for indicators of endorsement or legitimacy that the page is actually collecting donations for a particular victim or organization. It's a well established and experienced organization.
Unsolicited goods, the agency says, are "never required in early stages of response, and they compete with priority relief items for transportation and storage". GlobalGiving, a crowdfunding site for charities, is trying to raise $2 million for local relief and recovery efforts. As the impact of this storm on Texas communities is heart wrenching, many will seek to contribute to help those in need. You can also make donations at some Kroger and Publix grocery stores which are partnering with the American Red Cross.
They say people should be aware of criminals who are looking to take advantage of generosity to get private information or money from taxpayers. The Guardian reported that almost 3,000 people in Texas have been rescued by police and coast guard officials.
- Investors Recap on Vornado Realty Trust (VNO)
- In Brazil : Court suspends decree allowing Amazon reserve mining
- Nantes Disparition de 6 kg de nitrate de potassium : une enquête sensible
- Celtic Set For Jason Denayer Disappointment
- U2 premiere The Blackout from new album Songs Of Experience
- Swansea close to agreeing deal for Renato Sanches
- Surrey resident gunned down in his driveway outside his Cloverdale home
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Chinese Posters Revealed
- VIDEO PHOTOS Joy-Anna Duggar is pregnant with her first child
- LaVar Ball releases trailer for Facebook reality show 'Ball in the Family'