The Lagos State government had preferred a two- count charge of conspiracy and kidnapping against them.
In count one, the defendants were alleged to have "on February 14, 2017, at about 7.45pm along Obokun Street, Ilupeju, Lagos, conspired to commit felony to wit kidnapping".
According to the prosecutor, the defendants collected a ransom of 223,000 Euros for the release of Donatus.
The Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Adeniji Kazeem, who led the prosecution of the first arraignment, said the billionaire kidnaper and his team, including those at large, committed the offenses between February 14 and April 12, 2017.
"Following this arraignment, we will like to apply for the defendants to be remanded in custody and obtain trial dates for the ones that have pleaded not guilty".
His lawyer had earlier said they have been denied access to him and that he may plead guilty under duress.
Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans' lawyer, had subsequently filed a fundamental rights enforcement suit on behalf of his client.
"With respect to the application from the learned Attorney-General, we shall not be opposing same", he said.
He accused the police of preventing him from seeing his client and said that he never had the opportunity to consult with them before they were charged to court.
New poll puts Labour in front
Bill English and Jacinda Ardern have clashed over housing during the first TVNZ leader's debate. Labour could potentially form a coalition Government with NZ First, and without the Greens.
The court premises was under tight security by policemen on horse backs, most of who were handling dogs.
Evans and five of his gang members who participated in Mr. Donatus Dunu's kidnapping will be arraigned. Evans, however, remained calm inside the court as he stared straight into the lens of dozens of cameras.
After he pleaded guilty when the first charge was read, there was a slight pause, and then the judge ordered the court registrar to repeat the question.
The only woman amongst them, Ogechi Uchechukwu was remanded at the Female Prison, Kirikiri.
He was arraigned alongside five others, four of which pleaded guilty to the charges.
"After the purported guilty plea of our client and the court rose".
While the third defendant a female alongside the fifth and sixth defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge.
He described as "settled law" that a guilty plea must be made voluntary and devoid of any influence, coercion, and manipulation.
- L'échange entre Boston et Cleveland pour Kyrie Irving et Isaiah Thomas validé
- Heavy Rains Bring Mumbai To A Standstill
- Arsenal Won't Rival Chelsea And Tottenham Hotspur For Riyad Mahrez
- Forte hausse du PIB au deuxième trimestre à 3,0% (deuxième estimation) — USA
- Amnesty Int'l Slams Nigeria, Says Hundreds Forcibly Disappeared To Instill Fear
- Countdown for Indian navigation satellite IRNSS-1H launch begins
- Harvey kills Houston police officer, 14 others
- Pizza Hut workers deliver pies by kayak to Harvey victims
- Celtics send Cavs 2nd-round pick to complete Irving-Thomas trade
- N-Out Is Taking Smashburger to Court Over This Big Cheeseburger