The Lagos State government had preferred a two- count charge of conspiracy and kidnapping against them.
In count one, the defendants were alleged to have "on February 14, 2017, at about 7.45pm along Obokun Street, Ilupeju, Lagos, conspired to commit felony to wit kidnapping".
According to the prosecutor, the defendants collected a ransom of 223,000 Euros for the release of Donatus.
The Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Adeniji Kazeem, who led the prosecution of the first arraignment, said the billionaire kidnaper and his team, including those at large, committed the offenses between February 14 and April 12, 2017.
"Following this arraignment, we will like to apply for the defendants to be remanded in custody and obtain trial dates for the ones that have pleaded not guilty".
His lawyer had earlier said they have been denied access to him and that he may plead guilty under duress.
Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans' lawyer, had subsequently filed a fundamental rights enforcement suit on behalf of his client.
"With respect to the application from the learned Attorney-General, we shall not be opposing same", he said.
He accused the police of preventing him from seeing his client and said that he never had the opportunity to consult with them before they were charged to court.
L'échange entre Boston et Cleveland pour Kyrie Irving et Isaiah Thomas validé
Les Cavaliers souhaitaient également que les Celtics bonifient leur offre. On a donc Kyrie Irving qui part dans le Massachusetts.
The court premises was under tight security by policemen on horse backs, most of who were handling dogs.
Evans and five of his gang members who participated in Mr. Donatus Dunu's kidnapping will be arraigned. Evans, however, remained calm inside the court as he stared straight into the lens of dozens of cameras.
After he pleaded guilty when the first charge was read, there was a slight pause, and then the judge ordered the court registrar to repeat the question.
The only woman amongst them, Ogechi Uchechukwu was remanded at the Female Prison, Kirikiri.
He was arraigned alongside five others, four of which pleaded guilty to the charges.
"After the purported guilty plea of our client and the court rose".
While the third defendant a female alongside the fifth and sixth defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge.
He described as "settled law" that a guilty plea must be made voluntary and devoid of any influence, coercion, and manipulation.
- 'Shovel Knight: King of Cards' (ALL) Announced
- Forte hausse du PIB au deuxième trimestre à 3,0% (deuxième estimation) — USA
- Militaires attaqués en France: le suspect inculpé par un juge antiterroriste
- Celtics send Cavs 2nd-round pick to complete Irving-Thomas trade
- New poll puts Labour in front
- Blood donations among many ways Valley residents can help Hurricane Harvey victims
- Pizza Hut workers deliver pies by kayak to Harvey victims
- N-Out Is Taking Smashburger to Court Over This Big Cheeseburger
- Accusé d'agressions sexuelles et de viol, un directeur de colo écroué — Aveyron
- Obsidian Turned Down a Game of Thrones Video Game and Here's Why