As billionaire Warren Buffett turns 87 today, his investment firm Berkshire Hathaway Inc has become the single-largest shareholder in Bank of America - the second-biggest bank in the United States - by exercising its right to acquire 700 million shares at a steep discount.
Buffett also said Wednesday that he continued to have faith in investments in Bank of America Corp BAC.N and Wells Fargo.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, told CNBC on Wednesday that USA economic growth does not feel like 3 percent. The billionaire turns 87 on Wednesday.
U2 premiere The Blackout from new album Songs Of Experience
Last Tuesday, U2 teased new material by sending out mysterious letters to fans announcing the arrival of " The Blackout ". Dave told the Irish Sun: "New U2 stuff always excites me because its great hearing new stuff from a band you love".
Buffett had received the warrants in 2011 after investing $5 billion in the bank, which was suffering at the time from the fallout from the global financial crisis.
When asked if USA food company Kraft Heinz KHC.O would buy Mondelez MDLZ.O , Buffett said: "I think the answer is no on that".
The swap was made possible by Bank of America's decision in June to boost its dividend 60 percent, after the Charlotte, North Carolina-based lender passed a Federal Reserve "stress test" of its ability to navigate tough markets.
Berkshire had been receiving $300 million a year in interest on its preferred shares.
- Hélène Receveaux médaillée de bronze
- Police search futile after reports in Belfast of children discovering human head
- LaVar Ball releases trailer for Facebook reality show 'Ball in the Family'
- Nantes Disparition de 6 kg de nitrate de potassium : une enquête sensible
- Brown Forman Corporation (NASDAQ:BF.B) Expected To Report Earnings On Wednesday
- Motorola Moto X4 to be announced at IFA 2017 this week
- Princes William, Harry mark anniversary of Diana's death
- En France, quatre bébés sur cinq naissent dans seulement 200 communes
- In Brazil : Court suspends decree allowing Amazon reserve mining
- West Brom launch audacious bid to sign Grzegorz Krychowiak from PSG