A court on Tuesday denied bail to Vikas Barala, son of Haryana BJP president Subhash Barala, and his friend Ashish Kumar, accused of stalking and attempt to abduct a woman here earlier this month.
The bail plea was dismissed by the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Barjinder Pal Singh. After Vikas and Ashish submitted their petitions last Friday, the court sought a reply from the Chandigarh police, who opposed their plea.
Authorities looking for heavily tattooed escaped inmate in New Hampshire
He has friends, family and associates throughout the Manchester and Nashua areas, but his current whereabouts are unknown. Officials say Eric Judkins, an inmate at a halfway house in Manchester, NH, and failed to come back to the facility.
Both the accused were arrested for allegedly stalking Radio Jockey Varnika Kundu, who is the daughter of a former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, on a Chandigarh road on 5 August. However, they were soon let out on bail by the Chandigarh Police, which, in a controversial move, dropped serious and non-bailable charges of kidnapping against the two men.
Both the accused will now have to file a bail application before a higher court. The court had sent them to judicial custody till September 7 when appeared before the court on August 25. The case triggered a massive furor and brought the issue of women's safety on centre stage.
- Danny Drinkwater hands in transfer request to force through Chelsea move
- UP Police confirmed arrest of BRD Medical College principal and his wife
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Taylor Swift's Look What You Made Me Do breaks three streaming records
- Family of Six Drowns Fleeing Hurricane Harvey Floods
- Google Maps now makes it easier to find parking
- Husband of missing Delray woman in fed court on coin theft accusation
- Discuss: Tinder Gold lets you pay to see who likes
- Fresh hope for 55000 who failed Class X exam
- Five Nigerian pilgrims die in Mecca