"Natural disasters of this scale can leave thousands of animals without homes and will easily overwhelm the ability of local shelters to care for pets", said Sharon Harmon, OHS President and CEO. Some reported that they didn't evacuate because they were unable to take their pets.
More than 100 dogs and cats from a Louisiana shelter arrived in San Diego this week to make room for pets affected by Hurricane Harvey. "We try our best to provide great care and a great commitment and put so much love towards them, they'll think it is home", said Leah Jackson, Animal Welfare Association.
The AAC said their weekend donations included a very large amount of towels, food, bedding, toys and a notable $1,000 donation from a citizen bringing in a stray dog.
"Some of the most heart-wrenching images we've seen are dogs tied to porches or crates left on steps which is a death sentence if flood waters continue to rise, said Angela Speed with the Wisconsin Humane Society".
"We're going to be flying all month", Smith said.
Moving RS Chairman for Sharad's disqualification soon: JD(U) gen secy Tyagi
Launching an attack against Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar , Prasad said: "Nitish Kumar has no ideology or principle". "Lalu Yadav should have used the money he spent on this to help the people of his state", Paswan said.
"Of course, if we are able to help we will", Speed said.
And we're back now with more on the disaster in Texas and the unsafe mission to rescue stranded flood victims and their pets.
Shelters say they have heard reports of extensive lines of people surrendering their pets, so nearby shelters need to be ready for additional animal intake.
In Houston, boats don't just stop for stranded people. They blew up an air mattress and used a one-person kayak to transport their two dogs and cat.
AHS spokesman Zach Nugent stressed that the Minnesota team won't be taking animals that were lost during the flooding and who could be reunited with their Texas owners.
"From my understanding, all the volunteer people were only leaving animals in instances where they were aggressive", said Ms. Grissom. Almost 200 dogs and cats were taken in by San Antonio's Animal Care Services, including 30 dogs from a flooded shelter in Pleasanton.
- Michael Buble's Son Noah Celebrates 4th Birthday with Another Spider-Man Party!
- Trump Aide Kushner Renews Push for Mid-East Peace
- Bank of Nova Scotia (The) (BNS) Plans Quarterly Dividend of $0.63
- Trump attacks Republicans on Twitter, but Democrats? Not so much
- Most Harvey flood victims on hook to pay for home repairs
- Andy Murray Withdraws From US Open
- U.S. agrees to sell arms to fight insurgency - Saraki
- Rain Starting To Move Back In
- No fire or fury, but muted Trump response to NKorea missile
- Berkley Protest Turns Violent, 'Antifa' Protesters Attack Trump Supporters