"Natural disasters of this scale can leave thousands of animals without homes and will easily overwhelm the ability of local shelters to care for pets", said Sharon Harmon, OHS President and CEO. Some reported that they didn't evacuate because they were unable to take their pets.
More than 100 dogs and cats from a Louisiana shelter arrived in San Diego this week to make room for pets affected by Hurricane Harvey. "We try our best to provide great care and a great commitment and put so much love towards them, they'll think it is home", said Leah Jackson, Animal Welfare Association.
The AAC said their weekend donations included a very large amount of towels, food, bedding, toys and a notable $1,000 donation from a citizen bringing in a stray dog.
"Some of the most heart-wrenching images we've seen are dogs tied to porches or crates left on steps which is a death sentence if flood waters continue to rise, said Angela Speed with the Wisconsin Humane Society".
"We're going to be flying all month", Smith said.
Liam Neeson Is Deep Throat in 'Mark Felt' Trailer
Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House also stars Diane Lane , Marton Csokas, Josh Lucas , Tony Goldwyn , Michael C. He must combat obstruction of justice from the people above him, all the way up to President Richard Nixon in the White House.
"Of course, if we are able to help we will", Speed said.
And we're back now with more on the disaster in Texas and the unsafe mission to rescue stranded flood victims and their pets.
Shelters say they have heard reports of extensive lines of people surrendering their pets, so nearby shelters need to be ready for additional animal intake.
In Houston, boats don't just stop for stranded people. They blew up an air mattress and used a one-person kayak to transport their two dogs and cat.
AHS spokesman Zach Nugent stressed that the Minnesota team won't be taking animals that were lost during the flooding and who could be reunited with their Texas owners.
"From my understanding, all the volunteer people were only leaving animals in instances where they were aggressive", said Ms. Grissom. Almost 200 dogs and cats were taken in by San Antonio's Animal Care Services, including 30 dogs from a flooded shelter in Pleasanton.
- Bangladesh vs Australia, 1st Test Mirpur, live cricket score
- Trump attacks Republicans on Twitter, but Democrats? Not so much
- Houston vs. UTSA Postponed Due to Hurricane Harvey
- Two Canadians indicted in attack on protesters during Erdogan US visit
- API Reports 5.8 Million Barrel Inventory Draw, WTI Oil Price Little Changed
- Moving RS Chairman for Sharad's disqualification soon: JD(U) gen secy Tyagi
- Jean-Claude Juncker blasts UK Brexit stance as 'unsatisfactory'
- Trump Jr to testify in Russian Federation probe: lawmakers
- Rain Starting To Move Back In
- Most Harvey flood victims on hook to pay for home repairs