Already 3-0 up in the series, Virat Kohli's men will be looking for another win under their belt in what has been an incredible tour for them where they have won everything under the sun.
Barely a year ago, Sri Lanka recorded a 3-0 Test series victory over Australia, but 2017 began with Test and ODI series defeats in South Africa, before they lost a Test to Bangladesh for the first time.
Selectors have borne a fair share of recent criticism, with Sri Lanka's World Cup-winning skipper Arjuna Ranatunga accusing them of lacking "backbone".
His remarks came a day after angry Sri Lankan fans threw water bottles into the field on Sunday, disrupting play during the third One Day International between India and Sri Lanka in Kandy.
Sri Lanka's chief cricket selectors, who resigned en masse on Tuesday, said they were heartbroken when crowds turned against the team. Dhoni silenced his critics once again, with a gritty half-century in the 3rd ODI alongside Rohit Sharma who scored a classy ton. Players are taking responsibility, which augurs well for Team India. So, it remains to be seen to what extent the team management will go for changes. Batsmen Ajikya Rahane, Manish Pandey along with Kuldeep Yadav and medium-pacer Shardul Thakur may fancy their chances of getting picked up in the Indian side.
Liverpool move for Virgil van Dijk not hampered by tricky Southampton relations
VIRGIL VAN DIJK has reportedly "jetted into Liverpool with a club auto picking him up at airport" as his Southampton exit nears. Van Dijk has been frozen out at Southampton this season since recovering from injury.
It is Sri Lanka batting which seems to be a worry, with the hosts scoring 216, 236 and 217 runs in the three matches played so far.
"We leave with tears in eyes, but with our heads held high as we know that Sri Lanka Cricket is working to a very defined and strategic plan, building from the foundation upwards", the statement concluded. Sri Lanka might look a team on the slide, but the island nation will be desperate to pull up their socks up, and at least, challenge Team India.
In the bowling department, Lasith Malinga and Vishwa Fernando need to dismiss the India openers early, and pile pressure on the visitors. Here are the live TV and streaming options.
The 4th ODI between India and Sri Lanka will be broadcast Live on Sony Pictures Networks.
- Nawaz leaves for London today
- A new revolutionary meningitis test can potentially save lives
- US Open: Rafael Nadal cruises past Dusan Lajovic in first round match
- New details surface about Fist of the North Star
- Mini releases details of electric concept
- Menaces sur les campagnes de François Hollande et Ségolène Royal — Benoît Hamon
- M&S begins talks over offloading Hong Kong, Macau franchises
- BlackBerry to launch full touchscreen smartphone in October
- Canon Unveils the 85mm f/1.4L IS, Its First 85mm with Stabilization
- The ValuEngine Downgrades Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) to Hold