They expect $0.39 EPS, up 7.69% or $0.03 from last year's $0.36 per share.
Paul Varga, the company's Chief Executive Officer, said, "Fiscal 2018 is off to a strong start with 6% growth in underlying net sales and 12% growth in underlying operating income, both metrics representing a nice acceleration versus the company's solid fiscal 2017 underlying results".
"We continue to foresee growth potential for our brands, most notably in American whiskey, and accordingly, we intend to invest against this opportunity with ever-improving prioritization, competitiveness, effectiveness and efficiency".
Former Expedia CEO takes helm of Uber on Wednesday
While Uber's business continued to grow, Kalanick's management style faced scrutiny and investors mutinied against him. Khosrowshahi will be at Uber for an all-hands meeting on Wednesday and is expected to take questions from employees.
For the first quarter, net income climbed 24 percent to $178 million from last year's $144 million. The biggest holder now is Brown Frazier Owsley who owns 767,082 shares (0.20% of those outstanding), whilst Mr. Campbell P. Brown holds 628,577 (0.16% of shares outstanding) and Brown George Garvin Iv holds 540,790 (0.14% of shares outstanding).
Looking forward, for the quarter ending Jan-17, 8 analysts have a mean sales target of 801.79 million.
For the first quarter, the company reported sales of $723 million, up $62 million. Sales grew 6% on an underlying basis. On a segment basis, underlying sales came in better than expected in the United States (+5% vs. JPMe +3%), emerging markets (+19% vs. JPMe +12%), and Global Travel Retail (+12% vs. JPMe +1%), while trends in the developed markets outside of the USA were weaker than anticipated primarily due timing (flat vs. JPMe +5%).
- Surrey resident gunned down in his driveway outside his Cloverdale home
- Hélène Receveaux médaillée de bronze
- 1MDB: Second tranche fully paid to IPIC
- Mariners acquire Mike Leake from Cardinals
- CIO's Trumka: Some White House aides 'turned out to be racist'
- En France, 80% des naissances ont lieu dans seulement 200 communes
- Police search futile after reports in Belfast of children discovering human head
- Myanmar steps up crackdown against Rohingya insurgents
- Russian journalist Kurbatova to be deported from Ukraine - SBU
- U2 premiere The Blackout from new album Songs Of Experience