At least three of the members who resigned were Obama-era appointees, and the loss of one-third of the council comes after an NIAC report said that USA infrastructure now is in a "pre-9/11 moment".
The letter also points to Trump's failure to condemn neo-Nazis and white nationalists following this month's violence in Charlottesville, as well as his decision to withdraw from the Paris agreement, which the signees cite as evidence of the president's "disregard for the security of American communities".
"When asked about the horrific violence in Charlottesville, you failed to denounce the intolerance and violence of hate groups, instead offering false equivalences and attacking the motives of the CEOs who had resigned from their advisory roles in protest, " the letter added.
"We can confirm that a number of members of the NIAC, who had been appointed under the previous administration have submitted their resignation", The Hill quoted a White House official statement.
"Je n'ai pas voulu tuer Esteban" — Pérez
Sergio Perez et Esteban Ocon ne seront plus autorisés à se battre en course, après deux nouvelles collisions aujourd'hui lors du Grand Prix de Belgique.
Donald Trump's response to the Charlottesville violence continues to have consequences for the president, as well as the people who are supposed to be advising him.
"You have given insufficient attention to the growing threats to the cybersecurity of the critical systems upon which all Americans depend, including those impacting the systems supporting our democratic election process", the letter reads. Last week's resignations came ahead of a new NIAC report that called for the USA to strengthen its cyber defense systems, adding that the current state of U.S. infrastructure is a in a "pre-9/11 moment".
The resignations come after Trump disbanded two business advisory councils earlier this month following a wave of resignations by chief executive officers.
Remaining council members met Tuesday and approved a report on cybersecurity vulnerabilities to critical infrastructure.
- Thailand's former PM fled 'harsh sentence'
- Trump issues guidance on transgender troop ban
- Réformes, budget: Édouard Philippe détaille le calendrier
- Bernal, vainqueur du Tour de l'Avenir, signe un an — Sky
- Early morning house fire kills two in Brooklyn
- Renault Captur to launch in India by year end
- François Ruffin veut attaquer Emmanuel Macron sur "des trucs à la con"
- Nouveau record : l'Hyperloop de SpaceX dépasse les 320km/h
- Christian child forced into Muslim foster care in London
- Apple limitera la vitesse de la recharge sans fil sur iPhone 8