The Senator representing Anambra South at the National Assembly and aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the forthcoming governorship election, Andy Uba, has debunked the statements flying in the media that certain aspirants have been endorsed by the party.
The election was reportedly very transparent and peaceful.
Announcing the results of the election on Sunday, the Chief Returning Officer, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State, said that Moghalu polled 525 votes, Bart Nwibe, 414 and John-Bosco Onunkwo 85 votes.
Nwoye, the APC governorship candidate will have to run against the incumbent governor of the state Willie Obiano of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Osita Chidoka of the United Progressive Party (UPP) and whoever emerges the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate on August 29 among other candidates from other political parties.
Florida gas prices expected to rise as Hurricane Harvey makes landfall
US crude futures settled 98 cents lower at $47.43 a barrel and Brent crude ended down 53 cents a barrel, or 1 percent, at $52.04. Harvey is forecast to come ashore as a Category 3 hurricane, the NHC said, with winds of up to 129 miles (208 km) per hour.
A delegate from Orumba North Local Government Area raised alarm at the venue that names of authentic delegates from seven wards in Orumba were fraudulently changed.
The governorship election in the state is scheduled to hold on November 18.
Member, house of representatives, Hon. Dr.
Two of the aspirants, Chike Obidigbo and Patrick Nwike, had earlier withdrawn from the race, even though they still pulled total votes of 22 and 20 respectively.
- D'Tigress Beat Senegal To Win Afrobasket 2017
- Family honour 'legendary character' allegedly set alight by younger brother
- 5 detained in Turkey in connection with Qatar hacking
- No 'super team' in the Premier League, says Firmino
- Trump tweets reassurances on Hurricane Harvey
- North Korea Launches Three Short-Range Missiles
- Sen Misau a deserter, wanted for forgery - Nigerian police
- British police issue warning after chemical 'haze' on Sussex coast
- Phoenix Search and Rescue headed to TX to offer hurricane aid
- Israel signs deal to buy 17 additional F-35 warplanes