It should be very clear by now that Hurricane Harvey is not a joke and a significant threat to Texas. Although the structure of the storm has changed from a category 4 Hurricane to a tropical depression, the amount of rain now falling and expected to continue can cripple the lone star state.
A second group from Indiana's Task Force One is heading to Texas as "catastrophic" flooding from Hurricane Harvey continues to paralyze Houston and surrounding areas in the southeastern part of the state.
The Pennsylvania team is just one of numerous task forces from multiple states to receive federal activation orders this weekend.
Alec Baldwin brings back his Trump impersonation for SNL's Weekend Update
Bannon, Trump's former chief political strategist, was ousted earlier this month following a tumultuous seven months at the White House.
According to their website, "Virginia Task Force 2 is a specialized rescue organization comprised of highly trained Firefighters, Technical Rescue Technicians, EMS Personnel, Canine Handlers, Engineers and Physicians from various cities and departments located throughout the region; such as Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Franklin, James City County, Navy Regional, Newport News, Norfolk, Hampton, Williamsburg and York County". Authorities in Texas have received thousands of rescue requests in the wake of the hurricane, which was downgraded to a tropical storm.
"No word on how long Missouri Task Force One will be there", said Assistant Chief Gale Blomenkamp. We at The Drive commend these courageous men and women and wish them the best in their efforts.
- New York Jets claim DE Kony Ealy off waivers from Patriots
- Family honour 'legendary character' allegedly set alight by younger brother
- Houston Texans travel to Dallas due to Harvey
- 40 inches of rain in Texas? It's happened before
- Pulisic, Dempsey headline Arena's squad
- Shannon Sharpe rips Jim Brown over Colin Kaepernick remarks
- Florida gas prices expected to rise as Hurricane Harvey makes landfall
- Eight killed in Minibus, Lorry collision in Milton Keynes
- Korea's political parties call for efforts to improve Seoul-Beijing ties
- Hurricane Harvey Leaves Logjam of Cargo, Cruise Ships at Galveston Port