It should be very clear by now that Hurricane Harvey is not a joke and a significant threat to Texas. Although the structure of the storm has changed from a category 4 Hurricane to a tropical depression, the amount of rain now falling and expected to continue can cripple the lone star state.
A second group from Indiana's Task Force One is heading to Texas as "catastrophic" flooding from Hurricane Harvey continues to paralyze Houston and surrounding areas in the southeastern part of the state.
The Pennsylvania team is just one of numerous task forces from multiple states to receive federal activation orders this weekend.
40 inches of rain in Texas? It's happened before
Shortly after Harvey was downgraded to a tropical storm, with sustained winds of 70 miles per hour , Saturday afternoon, Gov. The storm is expected to unleash several days of high winds, flash flooding, storm surges and up to three feet of rain.
According to their website, "Virginia Task Force 2 is a specialized rescue organization comprised of highly trained Firefighters, Technical Rescue Technicians, EMS Personnel, Canine Handlers, Engineers and Physicians from various cities and departments located throughout the region; such as Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Franklin, James City County, Navy Regional, Newport News, Norfolk, Hampton, Williamsburg and York County". Authorities in Texas have received thousands of rescue requests in the wake of the hurricane, which was downgraded to a tropical storm.
"No word on how long Missouri Task Force One will be there", said Assistant Chief Gale Blomenkamp. We at The Drive commend these courageous men and women and wish them the best in their efforts.
- 5 detained in Turkey in connection with Qatar hacking
- Friday morning forecast
- Pulisic, Dempsey headline Arena's squad
- Korea's political parties call for efforts to improve Seoul-Beijing ties
- Family honour 'legendary character' allegedly set alight by younger brother
- Alabama Crimson Tide DT Raekwon Davis struck by bullet at Tuscaloosa bar
- Florida gas prices expected to rise as Hurricane Harvey makes landfall
- Shannon Sharpe rips Jim Brown over Colin Kaepernick remarks
- Liverpool Crushes Arsenal 4-0 as Salah Shines
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes