The Nerlens Noel free agent saga is over for this summer.
Per Woj, Noel has agreed to a $4.1 million qualifying offer to stay with the Dallas Mavericks.
Noel will have a chance at signing a bigger, longer deal next offseason.
Noel, 23, recently switched agents, hiring LeBron James' agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group after a summer in which he was unable to fashion an acceptable multiyear deal from the Mavericks or garnish an offer sheet elsewhere.
Korea's political parties call for efforts to improve Seoul-Beijing ties
Kang said the two nations should work together to tackle the root causes of North Korea's nuclear development, the report said. August 24 marked the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between China and South Korea .
In Haynes' detailed report on the signing, Paul signed on to represent Noel with the intentions that he would pursue unrestricted free agency next year. The Mavs would have had first right to match any and all offer sheets for the former Philadelphia 76ers centre.
It's hard to say what exactly is the most accurate account of the situation, but if Cuban and the Mavs were really willing to put the initial offer back on the table, a four-year, $70 million contract for Noel seemed like a more than fair deal considering the current market for big men.
Earlier in July, Waiters spoke to The Dallas News about the failed contract negotiations. The Mavs reportedly pulled the offer when Noel asked for a max deal. Though Noel impressed during limited playing time for Dallas, coach Rick Carlisle refused to start the 7-footer during the post All-Star break juncture. He averaged 8.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, 0.9 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1 steals per game while shooting 57.5% from the field. If Noel has a breakout season, several teams will line up for his services next July.
- Family honour 'legendary character' allegedly set alight by younger brother
- Arsenal to trigger Marco Asensio's release clause before transfer window slams shut
- Shannon Sharpe rips Jim Brown over Colin Kaepernick remarks
- Katie Price "heartbroken" over Kieran Hayler cheating and filing for divorce
- Trump tweets reassurances on Hurricane Harvey
- Pulisic, Dempsey headline Arena's squad
- Michelle Wie has appendix surgery in Canada after withdrawing from event
- Alec Baldwin brings back his Trump impersonation for SNL's Weekend Update
- 40 inches of rain in Texas? It's happened before
- North Korea Launches 3 Short-Range Ballistic Missiles, One Fails in Flight