The Nerlens Noel free agent saga is over for this summer.
Per Woj, Noel has agreed to a $4.1 million qualifying offer to stay with the Dallas Mavericks.
Noel will have a chance at signing a bigger, longer deal next offseason.
Noel, 23, recently switched agents, hiring LeBron James' agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group after a summer in which he was unable to fashion an acceptable multiyear deal from the Mavericks or garnish an offer sheet elsewhere.
Israel signs deal to buy 17 additional F-35 warplanes
The purchase was approved by the Security Cabinet and signed by Gen. (res.) Udi Adam, director general of the Defense Ministry. Delivery of the planes will be completed by late 2024.
In Haynes' detailed report on the signing, Paul signed on to represent Noel with the intentions that he would pursue unrestricted free agency next year. The Mavs would have had first right to match any and all offer sheets for the former Philadelphia 76ers centre.
It's hard to say what exactly is the most accurate account of the situation, but if Cuban and the Mavs were really willing to put the initial offer back on the table, a four-year, $70 million contract for Noel seemed like a more than fair deal considering the current market for big men.
Earlier in July, Waiters spoke to The Dallas News about the failed contract negotiations. The Mavs reportedly pulled the offer when Noel asked for a max deal. Though Noel impressed during limited playing time for Dallas, coach Rick Carlisle refused to start the 7-footer during the post All-Star break juncture. He averaged 8.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, 0.9 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1 steals per game while shooting 57.5% from the field. If Noel has a breakout season, several teams will line up for his services next July.
- No 'super team' in the Premier League, says Firmino
- Pulisic, Dempsey headline Arena's squad
- Korea's political parties call for efforts to improve Seoul-Beijing ties
- Shannon Sharpe rips Jim Brown over Colin Kaepernick remarks
- Liverpool Crushes Arsenal 4-0 as Salah Shines
- British police issue warning after chemical 'haze' on Sussex coast
- Eight killed in Minibus, Lorry collision in Milton Keynes
- Katie Price "heartbroken" over Kieran Hayler cheating and filing for divorce
- N Korea fires 'projectiles' into waters: S. Korea
- New York Jets claim DE Kony Ealy off waivers from Patriots