"You can't tell in these pictures but i have the flu so bad i needed an IV #showgoeson #cutelilproppedupcorpse", she wrote alongside a few photos of herself walking the carpet before the ceremony.
Lorde is set to perform at this year's awards show.
But as handsome as the New Zealand star's looked, it turns out she wasn't feeling almost as well.
After the performance, Lorde took to Twitter to explain why she couldn't sing.
How Mo Besic reacted to his father's shooting
Asked about the shooting after the Chelsea match, Koeman confirmed the reports. "I spoke to him yesterday evening", said Koeman. This is a family matter", he said. "I don't know exactly what happened, but what came out in the papers is true".
Lorde looked stunning on the red carpet - even though she was sick as a dog.
Some people loved her interpretation of "the show must go on". As opposed to singing, as Lorde has been known to do from time-to-time, she instead broke into some sort of interpretive dance.
Props to Lorde for not lip-syncing; I'd rather watch her dance for real than pretend to sing.
Prior to the performance, Lorde told fans on Twitter that she now has the flu, and has been on a drip to keep up her fluids.
She said she'd "been rehearsing for the VMAs and my knees are covered in bruises" but didn't mention the fact she was ill.
- North Korea tests short-range missiles as South Korea, US conduct drills
- New Coast Guard 360-degree video shows boat rescue on Columbia River
- Tensions with USA revive as North Korea fires three ballistic missiles
- Ram Rahim owns 55 acres near Hyderabad too
- Dodgers activate Darvish from DL
- Houston TV station flooded, evacuated in midst of Harvey
- What Is Lorde Doing in Her VMAs Performance? Please Let Us Know
- CBS to Buy Australian Broadcaster Ten Network
- Afrobasket 2017 : Astou Traoré meilleure joueuse, meilleure marqueuse…
- Ram Rahim conviction: Dera chief's henchmen planned arson and rioting, investigation reveals