Just three days into her comeback, Taylor Swift is breaking records.
Swift's success on Spotify is a bit ironic; the pop wunderkind made waves back in late 2014 when she accused streaming services of underpaying musicians.
Social media quickly noted similarities between the video's visuals and Beyoncé's "Formation", especially since Reputation is supposed to be her "revenge album" like Bey's Lemonade-which is already quite the stretch. The song is the first single from her sixth album, reputation, to be released November 10. And, most pointedly, we see her lording over a desperate pile of other Taylor Swifts, dressed like versions of herself from videos and appearances past.
YouTube said Saturday the song's lyric video broke a record for that site, with more than 19 million same day views.
No 'super team' in the Premier League, says Firmino
Arsene Wenger accepts Liverpool punished Arsenal in all aspects of the game in the Gunners' 4-0 defeat. I don't think enough Arsenal players want to play that kind of football.
As of 3pm Bangladesh time on Sunday, the lyric video for "Look What You Made Me Do" had over 32 million views. She's an incredible person.
As far as the actual music video for Look What You Made Me Do, the full thing will be released on Monday during MTV's VMA awards. "The #LWYMMDvideo is not in her art space".
Specifically, "Single Ladies", which Kanye famously called "one of the greatest videos of all time" ("Imma let you finish.") while, uh, snagging Taylor's stage time at the VMAs.
Swift's chorus could be seen as a reflection of Arya's entire storyline - Arya didn't want this life, but murderous forces beyond her control turned her into a lethal assassin to survive.
- Kendrys Morales on Blue Jays' bench versus Twins
- 5 detained in Turkey in connection with Qatar hacking
- New York Jets claim DE Kony Ealy off waivers from Patriots
- Encana Corporation (NYSE:ECA) Traded Much Lower Than Its 50 Day Average
- Il sauve son petit frère grâce à The Rock
- Family honour 'legendary character' allegedly set alight by younger brother
- Arsenal to trigger Marco Asensio's release clause before transfer window slams shut
- Russell Brand marries Laura Gallacher in England
- Bryce Petty suffers 'potentially serious' knee injury
- Hurricane Harvey will likely relocate BYU-LSU out of Houston