Nigeria's senior national women's basketball team, D'Tigress, have qualified for the 2018 FIBA World Cup in Spain and also through to the final of the 2017 FIBA Women's AfroBasket Championship in Bamako, Mali, having defeated Mali 48-47 in the semi-final game played on Saturday, completesportsnigeria.com reports.
D'Tigress won the title on Sunday evening after defeating strong rivals Senegal 65-48 in the final.
The team recorded no loss in all their games to the final in the 2017 edition after they had won it last in 2005.
Nigeria took it 21-10, to end the first half with 33-28 points.
But it nearly did not go according to the script after the Nigerians slumped to a first quarter 12-18 defeat to the Senegalese ladies, who burst loose netting three points and holding their foes at bay.
Korea's political parties call for efforts to improve Seoul-Beijing ties
Kang said the two nations should work together to tackle the root causes of North Korea's nuclear development, the report said. August 24 marked the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between China and South Korea .
They went ahead to win 25-17 points in the third quarter and then wrapped it all up on 98-43 points at the end of the fourth quarter.
Osaretin Akhator was the star of the show for Nigeria, who progressed to the final with a one-point win over Mali, as she scored 13 points and claimed seven rebounds in an excellent individual display.
But D'Tigers Captain, Aisha Muhammed, Adaora Elonu and Ezinne Kalu contributed seven rebounds, four assists and two steals respectively during the match.
Meiya Tirera spearheaded the triumph for the home side with 15 points as her side eased to a third-place finish.
- Katie Price "heartbroken" over Kieran Hayler cheating and filing for divorce
- Pulisic, Dempsey headline Arena's squad
- Mariners make 5 errors in 1st, Yankees roll to 10-1 rout
- Florida gas prices expected to rise as Hurricane Harvey makes landfall
- Alabama Crimson Tide DT Raekwon Davis struck by bullet at Tuscaloosa bar
- Liverpool Crushes Arsenal 4-0 as Salah Shines
- N Korea fires 'projectiles' into waters: S. Korea
- 5 detained in Turkey in connection with Qatar hacking
- MTV announce Video Music Awards 'Song of Summer' nominees
- Michelle Wie has appendix surgery in Canada after withdrawing from event