Madrid missed the presence of their talisman Cristiano Ronaldo and captain Sergio Ramos through suspension but nearly stole the three points in stoppage-time when Karim Benzema's shot was turned on to the post by Valencia goalkeeper Neto.
August 27, 2017 at 23:15, scheduled a game in the framework of the 2 round of examples of Spain in which Real Madrid at the home field of the stadium, "Santiago Bernabéu" will play against Valencia.
Valencia responded with a perfectly executed team move between three academy graduates.
Benzema fired several close-range efforts wide, including one from the rebound of a blocked Asensio cross moments before that header.
Benzema again came close in the 36th minute after the Frenchman had dribbled into the Valencia box following a counter-attack, but the striker could not find a route past Neto in the Valencia net.
North Korea Launches Three Short-Range Missiles
Pacific Command issued a statement shortly after the launch, saying that one of the missiles blew up within moments of launch. In July, it launched an intercontinental ballistic missile, which North Korea claims could reach "anywhere in the world".
But Asensio rescued Madrid when his free-kick wrong-footed Neto.
Benzema then headed a cross from Toni Kroos wide as the sides headed into the half-time interval on level terms, a state of affairs which saw Mateo Kovacic replace Isco in midfield for the second period.
Asensio showcased his huge talents, scoring two stunning goals in either leg of the Spanish Super Copa, as Real thrashed their first rivals Barcelona 5-1 on aggregate.
Navas could not prevent Los Che from taking the lead in the 77th minute, however, with debutant Kondogbia finding the bottom corner with a composed finish after the ball had broken for the former Sevilla midfielder in a unsafe area.
Karim Benzema wasted a host of chances and saw a stoppage-time header tipped onto the post by Valencia goalkeeper Neto, with Carvajal ruing their missed chances.
- N Korea fires 'projectiles' into waters: S. Korea
- Worried Lawro says Liverpool should sell Coutinho
- Phoenix Search and Rescue headed to TX to offer hurricane aid
- Family honour 'legendary character' allegedly set alight by younger brother
- No 'super team' in the Premier League, says Firmino
- Alabama Crimson Tide DT Raekwon Davis struck by bullet at Tuscaloosa bar
- North Korea Launches 3 Short-Range Ballistic Missiles, One Fails in Flight
- Trump tweets reassurances on Hurricane Harvey
- Liverpool Crushes Arsenal 4-0 as Salah Shines
- Katie Price "heartbroken" over Kieran Hayler cheating and filing for divorce