Tom Brady appeared to be in midseason form in the New England Patriots 30-28 preseason victory over the Detroit Lions on Friday at Ford Field in Detroit, but the game could have come with a huge cost. Edelman has caught 356 passes for 3,826 yards and 20 touchdowns in that span.
With Edelman set for an MRI on Saturday, Brady posted on Instagram a photo of the two with the caption "Gladiator".
Permanently Mute Sites on Google Chrome (Eventually)
The Google Chrome team is now testing a new option that will allow users to permanently mute audio coming from a website (URL). Furthermore, Google is planning to replace the existing tab muting option with this for making things a bit less complicated.
The loss of Edelman will hurt, but the Patriots offense is loaded, particularly at wide receiver. New England also got one catch for nine yards from Rob Gronkowski, the star tight end who missed much of last season's Super Bowl run with injuries but who has returned to good health.
Edelman was injured on the team's first drive. According to ESPN, Edelman leads the National Football League in receptions, targets and first down receptions in the playoffs since his rookie season in 2009.
Edelman went down early in the game after taking an awkward step to avoid a tackle. He turned and planted his right foot into the turf and then immediately grabbed the back of his right knee.
- Donald Trump fences himself in with border wall spending threat
- Analysts See $0.26 EPS for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (HPE)
- North Korea fires short-range missile
- Andy Murray out of US Open due to hip injury
- North Korea Launches Unidentified Projectile - South Korean Military
- China, South Korea vow to improve ties amid missile shield row
- F1: Vettel chez Ferrari jusqu'en 2020
- Rousey skipping Mayweather-McGregor with more important plans: her wedding
- Student charged with assaulting 4 at Australian university
- 2nd Test of England vs West Indies