The altercation escalated after Yankees pitcher Tommy Kahnle was tossed out of the game for throwing at Cabrera in the sixth inning.
Then, Tigers pitcher Michael Fulmer hit the Yankees' Gary Sanchez with a fastball in the fifth inning.
Predictably, both Cabrera and Romine were ejected from the game.
Manager Brad Ausmus of the Detroit Tigers argues with umpire Dana DeMuth after James McCann #34 was hit int he had by a pitch in the seventh inning while playing the New York Yankees at Comerica Park on August 24, 2017 in Detroit, Michigan. Yankees first baseman Garrett Cooper and Frazier were handed fines for entering the field of play while being on the disabled list.
Cabrera and Wilson also contested their penalties, keeping them available for Friday night's game at the Chicago White Sox.
The Sanchez suspension could be costly for the Yankees, who are fighting for a spot in the playoffs.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
Surely some/most players will appeal, and a few might even get some games knocked off; plus if Wilson's suspension is lifted, Ausmus won't have one at all. In separate incidents, Girardi and Kahnle were ejected in the sixth inning, Thomson and reliever Dellin Betances were ejected in the seventh, and Ausmus and Wilson were ejected in the eighth.
"In this case, I think, honesty was not the best policy", Wilson said, adding that he was only surprised by the length of his ban.
The shenanigans lasted the rest of the game, with numerous plunkings and six total ejections.
It was the ninth career ejection for Cabrera and first since July 26, 2016 at Cleveland. They did lose the series, however, as the Yankees took the first two games of the series easily, winning 13-4 Tuesday and 10-2 Wednesday. "Fortunately for me I know where my pitches are going, and I hit a guy in the leg today to take care of my teammates and protect them".
NY scored three runs the inning after the Cabrera-Romine brawl to tie it at 6-6.
Kahnle was ejected by plate umpire Carlos Torres immediately after his pitch sailed behind Cabrera.
The Detroit Tigers and New York Yankees had a game that will most likely go down in the history books.
- Trump's son-in-law meets Netanyahu on Middle East peace trip
- Jawans Killed As Terrorists Attack Security Establishment In Kashmir's Pulwama
- Multiple deaths in M1 motorway crash
- Vivo Y69 launched with 16MP selfie camera and 3000mAh battery
- Météo: les températures remontent, mais avec quelques averses orageuses
- Pep Guardiola turns to Raheem Sterling for more goals
- Ex-OL - Mercato : Malaga, Bakary Koné vers le RC Strasbourg
- Diables rouges: Radja Nainggolan fait (en partie) machine arrière
- Emmanuel Macron défend sa réforme — Travailleurs détachés
- Kylie Jenner torride, elle pose entièrement nue pour V Magazine (Photos)