The altercation escalated after Yankees pitcher Tommy Kahnle was tossed out of the game for throwing at Cabrera in the sixth inning.
Then, Tigers pitcher Michael Fulmer hit the Yankees' Gary Sanchez with a fastball in the fifth inning.
Predictably, both Cabrera and Romine were ejected from the game.
Manager Brad Ausmus of the Detroit Tigers argues with umpire Dana DeMuth after James McCann #34 was hit int he had by a pitch in the seventh inning while playing the New York Yankees at Comerica Park on August 24, 2017 in Detroit, Michigan. Yankees first baseman Garrett Cooper and Frazier were handed fines for entering the field of play while being on the disabled list.
Cabrera and Wilson also contested their penalties, keeping them available for Friday night's game at the Chicago White Sox.
The Sanchez suspension could be costly for the Yankees, who are fighting for a spot in the playoffs.
Trump's son-in-law meets Netanyahu on Middle East peace trip
Although the village's residents do not approve of the proposed offer, legally, their refusal cannot stop the eviction process. Nabil Abu Rdineh, an aide to Abbas, said in an official statement that the meeting was "constructive, deep and positive".
Surely some/most players will appeal, and a few might even get some games knocked off; plus if Wilson's suspension is lifted, Ausmus won't have one at all. In separate incidents, Girardi and Kahnle were ejected in the sixth inning, Thomson and reliever Dellin Betances were ejected in the seventh, and Ausmus and Wilson were ejected in the eighth.
"In this case, I think, honesty was not the best policy", Wilson said, adding that he was only surprised by the length of his ban.
The shenanigans lasted the rest of the game, with numerous plunkings and six total ejections.
It was the ninth career ejection for Cabrera and first since July 26, 2016 at Cleveland. They did lose the series, however, as the Yankees took the first two games of the series easily, winning 13-4 Tuesday and 10-2 Wednesday. "Fortunately for me I know where my pitches are going, and I hit a guy in the leg today to take care of my teammates and protect them".
NY scored three runs the inning after the Cabrera-Romine brawl to tie it at 6-6.
Kahnle was ejected by plate umpire Carlos Torres immediately after his pitch sailed behind Cabrera.
The Detroit Tigers and New York Yankees had a game that will most likely go down in the history books.
- Ex-OL - Mercato : Malaga, Bakary Koné vers le RC Strasbourg
- ACLU Apologizes For Tweeting Photo of White Baby Because...White Supremacy
- Joe Arpaio, très controversé shérif de l'Arizona, gracié par Trump
- Multiple deaths in M1 motorway crash
- Jawans Killed As Terrorists Attack Security Establishment In Kashmir's Pulwama
- Yellen: Financial rules have made economy stronger, changes should be 'modest'
- Météo: les températures remontent, mais avec quelques averses orageuses
- L'accolade entre un père de victime et un imam
- La France Insoumise appelle à la mobilisation le 23 septembre — Marseille
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes