Vendredi, 3 Juillet 2020
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » Second suspect in Spain terror attacks released

Second suspect in Spain terror attacks released

26 Août 2017

One of the men, a 28-year-old detained in the Nador, close to the Spanish enclave of Melilla, lived for 12 years in Barcelona and is suspected of links to Islamic State and of plotting to attack the Spanish embassy in Rabat, the channel reported. The court is closed to media but people inside the trial have been briefing news agencies. One of the men smiles at the counter of a petrol station hours before the deadly terror attack. Authorities did not confirm speculation that they were targeting the Sagrada Familia cathedral.

Moussa Oukabir, 17; Houssaine Abouyaaquob, 19; Omar Hychami, 21; Mohamed Hychami, 24 and Said Aallaa, 18 were killed by police in Cambrils on the night of the attack. He was the second person to face court. They told the court that the imam planned to self-immolate after a bomb attack on a Barcelona monument.

One of them was a Moroccan imam, Abdelbaki Es Satty, suspected of having radicalised youths who carried out the attacks.

The other eight known members of the group were killed by police or died in an explosion.

Satty is alleged to have radicalized the younger men, many of them groups of brothers.

Spanish King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia sent a message of condolences to the ceremony near Lisbon, calling the Barcelona attack "cruel and despicable".

Nation's political split on display at Trump Phoenix visit
A 32-year-old woman was killed when a young man associated with racist ideology plowed his auto into the counter-protesters. Martha McSally and David Schweikert - haven't publicly revealed whether they support an Arpaio pardon.

Fifteen people were killed and more than 100 others wounded when terrorists used vehicles to run down pedestrians in the two separate attacks.

Police on Monday shot dead Younes Abouyaaqoub, the 22-year-old Moroccan who they believe drove the Barcelona rampage van, in Subirats - about 60 kilometres (37 miles) from the Catalan capital. Younes Abouyaaquob is also accused of killing the driver of a vehicle he hijacked to make a getaway.

Spain is now on a level 4 (on a scale of 5) alert for a possible terrorist attack, although security measures at stations, airports and places where large groups of people gather have been increased in the wake of the Barcelona and Cambrils attacks. Materials for making the group's preferred explosive, TATP, were found in the Alcanar house.

Marchers shouted "Mossos, Mossos!" - a reference to the Mossos d'Esquadra police force in Catalonia, the northeastern Spanish region where the twin attacks took place.

He said a day earlier an Audi used by the attackers in the Spanish town of Cambrils had been flagged for speeding outside Paris, but did not specify when.

Second suspect in Spain terror attacks released