Witnesses at the scene suggested the man had been in possession of a sword.
A man has been arrested outside Buckingham Palace after he attacked police officers with a knife, causing the palace to reportedly go into lockdown.
A spokesman said: "Officers are on scene at the Mall outside Buckingham Palace".
"No other persons have been reported injured".
PSG - Al-Khelaïfi : " Pas un tirage facile "
On a trois équipes différentes, mais qui sont toutes très compliquées (à affronter, ndlr). Avant tout, pour être compétitif dans le groupe, il faut accepter le résultat du tirage.
Scotland Yard said two police had suffered injuries and a man had been arrested.
'As yet there is no suggestion that the attack is terror related, but investigations are still ongoing'.
Queen Elizabeth II was not at the palace, her official residence, palace officials said. A large number of police vehicles could be seen in the road outside the palace. The ambulance service was called and the officers were treated at the scene, but were not taken to hospital.
The Queen is not in the capital and is now staying at her Scottish residence, Balmoral.
- Sumter Kmart not on list of closures
- West Ham's Robert Snodgrass joins Aston Villa on season-long loan
- Tottenham Hotspur agree €25 million deal for Serge Aurier
- Heavy rain lashes Punjab cities, KP, northern areas
- Houston Dynamo-Sporting KC match postponed due to Hurricane Harvey
- Un moine robot pour les enterrements japonais
- Man Shot After Attacking Soldiers in Brussels
- Chassis change puts Massa on the sidelines
- Israeli police detains Palestinian in Jerusalem for possession of knife
- Washington Has 'Concerns' About Iran Nuclear Deal