A day before Lalu Yadav's scheduled "anti-BJP" rally in Patna, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made an aerial survey of flood affected districts of Bihar and announced Rs 500-crore aid to the state.PM Modi arrived in Purnea on Saturday morning and was joined by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi.
"When Bihar suffered due to floods in the past, Modi ji didn't feel it was important enough to visit the state then".
In a statement issued from the Prime Minister's office, the prime minister said officers should not look on their work as just a duty, but an opportunity to make a positive transformation for governance in the country.
PM Modi is later scheduled to meet CM Nitish Kumar and other officials in Purnea for discussing the further course of action.
Though Modi claims the visit to be strictly related to monitoring the situations of the flood affected area in Bihar, the deeper motive behind the visit may be something else.
Unmasking the Night King on Game of Thrones Is Extremely Satisfying
There is real evidence for this, but it would be historically lame, as though the White Walkers got by on a technicality. That would be Richard Brake, the actor who first played the Night King in the fourth and fifth seasons.
Maximum damage has been caused to water resources department.
The PM was told that though 19 districts are affected by floods, damage in 13 districts including Purnea, Katihar, Kisanganj, Araria due to inundation has been vast.
Among other things, Modi said the Union Road Transport and Highways Ministry would take appropriate action with regard to fix of the damaged roads in Bihar.
"It is worrying that widespread instances of violence, rioting and arson are being reported in several north Indian states following the verdict convicting Gurmeet Ram Rahim by a CBI special court in Panchkula", Vijayan said in a letter to the Prime Minister. An official from Bihar's Disaster Management Department confirmed that the flood has affected the lives of 158.305 lakh persons in 2,313 panchayats under 185 blocks in 19 districts.
The PM assured the state government that the Centre would provide all help to compensate the loss due to floods, the sources said.
- Premier League clubs spend record £1.17bn in transfer window
- Australia Confirm XI For First Test Against Bangladesh
- Yellen: Financial rules have made economy stronger, changes should be 'modest'
- Keep calm and watch Sidharth's 'A Gentleman' amid Ram Rahim verdict riots
- Chris Davies: Celtic not making up the numbers in the Champions League
- L'accolade entre un père de victime et un imam
- La Pologne enfreint les valeurs fondamentales de l'UE, selon Macron — Travailleur détaché
- La France Insoumise appelle à la mobilisation le 23 septembre — Marseille
- Teenagers jailed over flare killing of father Vilson Meshi in Basildon
- Multiple deaths in M1 motorway crash