From Swarovski Air Max 97s to A.L.C.'s reinvented Nike Cortez kicks, we can confidently say that there is no shortage of awesome Nike collaborations out there, but the brand's latest might be its most impressive yet. Featuring ten iconic silhouettes of the Nike, Jordan, and Converse archives, "The Ten" was completed in an insane ten month span in what summed up to be one of the fastest and most ambitious collaborations ever completed by Nike.
"What we're talking about here is larger than sneakers, it's larger than design culture", said Abloh via a press statement. The project officially began with the task of re-imagining five Nike footwear icons - the Air Jordan I, Air Max 90, Air Presto, Nike Air VaporMax and Blazer Mid - within a breakneck schedule. These 10 shoes have broken barriers in performance and style. Along with newer designs: AirVaporMax, Zoom VaporFly, Air Presto and also the iconic Converse (owned by Nike) Chuck Taylor All-Stars, creating his own reconstructed designs to highlight the importance of the shoes. To me, they are on the same level as a sculpture of David or the Mona Lisa. "The Jordan I was done in one design session".
The REVEALING group - the Air Jordan 1, Nike Blazer, Nike Air Presto, Nike Air Max 90 and Nike Air VaporMax - will be pre-released at NikeLab stores in New York City (Sept. 9-13), London (Sept. 18-22), Milan (Sept. 21-25) and Paris (Sept. 26-30).
Louisville, Adidas Announce 10-Year, $160 Million Extension
The Louisville football team wore some of the more interesting uniform combinations in the sport a year ago . Friday's press conference will begin at 11 a.m.
The second group of kicks, titled "Ghosting", have been revamped with translucent materials. Abloh used it to reveal the foam within each shoes' respective tongues (and move their Nike labels), move the Swoosh placements (and, at times, enlarge them) and add pops of color through orange tabs (in various locations per shoe).
The full collection including all ten silhouettes will be available in November at NikeLab stores and select retailers worldwide.
- Trump Adviser Gary Cohn Explains Why He Is Sticking Around
- National Basketball Association 2K18 Will Release New Cover After The Big Kyrie Irving Trade
- Judge Lifts DMX's Home Confinement So He Can Enter Rehab
- Record aux USA : il gagne 758 millions de dollars à la loterie
- Houston Dynamo-Sporting KC match postponed due to Hurricane Harvey
- Ulta Beauty, Inc. (ULTA) - KeyBanc Holds Rating And Sets New Price Target
- Adamas Pharma (ADMS) Scores FDA Approval for Parkinson's Drug
- Volkswagen engineer gets prison in diesel case
- Heavy rain lashes Punjab cities, KP, northern areas
- Sumter Kmart not on list of closures