'You expect to play the best in Europe in the Champions League and it's exciting for us.
It may be a hard group, but Tottenham will be aiming to make this Champions League campaign a memorable one. Although the last time they were drawn in the same group with Basel and Benfica I remember them failing to get out of the group, having drawn and lost to Basel.
It's quite a tough group considering they've been placed in pot one, especially with the teams coming out of pot two and three.
The headline clashes in group C will undoubtedly be the two fixtures between Chelsea and Atletico Madrid, with an already evenly balanced rivalry being spiced up by the current saga between the two sides over striker Diego Costa.
Juventus and Barcelona will be favored to advance out of their group, which includes Olympiakos and Sporting Lisbon, regardless of what happens in their home-and-home meetings. Real Madrid has won three of the last four Champions League trophies while Dortmund has Pulisic and a few other guys, but mainly Pulisic.
- Barcelona will also meet with an old foe in the group stage.
Trump Administration Unveils Sanctions To Curb North Korea's Weapons Program
Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said USA authorities had informed them prior to the designations and it was investigating. It is the second time since June that Washington has targeted Chinese entities linked to North Korea .
While five-time European kings Liverpool are returning to the continent's elite club competition after an absence of two years, Qarabag becomes the first team from Azerbaijan to reach the Champions League on Wednesday, reports Efe. Besides the Reds, Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, and the sensation from Slovenia Maribor, will fight for the second place.
That's about as good as could be expected from the pot they were in. You can look on it as a final or in different ways as a fan, as an owner, as a player or as a manager but in the end it is a football game.
Their group is probably just as favourable as United's.
That's unquestionably Juventus, who put Barcelona down hard in the quarterfinals of last season's Champions League. Leipzig didn't even exist then - the club was created in 2009 - and is a newcomer at this level, but the Bundesliga runner-up was the team from the fourth seeds that most of the continent's heavyweights wanted to avoid.
Reigning European champions Real Madrid will once again play with Borussia Dortmund at this phase of UCL.
Liverpool, Manchester United and UEFA will work closely ahead of their Champions League group games on successive nights in Moscow amid fears over Russia's notorious hooligans. APOEL famously reached the quarterfinals in 2012 against the odds.
- Facebook and Instagram services interrupted, users unable to post or browse
- Rich Piana dead? How Did he Die?
- When Is the Next Total Solar Eclipse in the US?
- Paris. Un militaire de l'opération Sentinelle s'est suicidé avec son arme
- Laurent Wauquiez est "le meilleur pour présider" les Républicains — Guillaume Larrivé
- Le Français Alaphilippe remporte la 8e étape du Tour d'Espagne
- RNC Votes To Denounce White Supremacists
- Les propos de Macron sont 'arrogants — Pologne
- Abdoulaye Diallo forfait pour le déplacement à Toulouse — Afrique Rennes
- The Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOXA) Stake Cut by HM Payson & Co