Refuting some media reports that the Dera chief, convicted yesterday in a rape case, was being provided VIP treatment, the chief secretary said Ram Rahim Singh had been transported to the district jail in Rohtak by helicopter due to security concerns.
The Chief Secretary said 101 companies of paramilitary forces and 10 columns of the Indian Army have been stationed in the state.
Meanwhile, the Haryana DGP BS Sandhu has claimed that the situation is under control in the entire state.
In another update, Western Railways have cancelled six trains and partially cancelled two trains in the wake of law and order situation in Punjab and Haryana. Police fired in the air, lobbed tear gas and let loose water cannons on the protesters to quell the violence, which spread beyond Panchkula to many places in Haryana, Punjab and even Rajasthan.
Haryana Deputy Attorney General has been sacked following videos emerged showing him carrying the luggage of Gurmeet Ram Rahim.
Pyongyang tire trois nouveaux missiles à courte portée
Ces manoeuvres, largement fondées sur des simulations par ordinateurs, doivent durer deux semaines et ont débuté lundi. Mais il a ensuite déclaré qu'il avait ordonné d'intensifier la fabrication de moteurs de fusée et d'ogives pour ICBM.
An army soldier stands guard on a street in Panchkula on Saturday. In 2008, tension prevailed in suburban Mulund in Mumbai when some members of Sikh community protested against Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh during his visit to a mall. The court also came down heavily on the BJP government for "misleading" it by furnishing wrong information on the number of vehicles in the Dera head's convoy when he was travelling to the court in Panchkula from Sirsa.
Besides, 19 miscreants have been arrested including Gurdev Singh, a state level office bearer of Dera Sacha Sauda.
In 2007, clashes between the Dera Sacha Sauda followers and members of the Sikh faith in northern India had left at least three people dead. The argument on his sentencing will begin on Monday, and he is likely to face seven-year imprisonment in jail.
Officials said the curfew at several parts of Punjab and Haryana was relaxed on Saturday morning to allow people to buy essentials.
The case was registered in December 2002 by the CBI on the directions of the High Court after the then Chief Justice received an anonymous letter about the alleged sexual exploitation of the two women followers of the Dera.
- When Is the Next Total Solar Eclipse in the US?
- US Navy Pacific fleet commander to be removed after deadly ship crashes
- Jawans Killed As Terrorists Attack Security Establishment In Kashmir's Pulwama
- 'Camouflage-clad' man charged over alleged abduction and rape of schoolgirl
- Lewis Hamilton Tops Belgian Grand Prix Second Practice
- West Ham talks for midfielder are over, now wanted by 'bigger clubs'
- Laurent Wauquiez est "le meilleur pour présider" les Républicains — Guillaume Larrivé
- Bihar: CBI files FIR against NGO in alleged multi-crore Srijan scam
- Kylie Jenner torride, elle pose entièrement nue pour V Magazine (Photos)
- PM Modi condemns violence after Ram Rahim's verdict, appeals to maintain peace