If this does happen, we could see other companies launching "BlackBerry Secure" Android software in the future. In addition to smartphones, BlackBerry is also looking into using BlackBerry Secure as an operating system for Internet of Things devices.
Remember BlackBerry's first Android phone - the BlackBerry Priv? As it stands right now, though, the report isn't clear on which companies might be interested, so it sounds like this is just in the preliminary stage for now.
According to a report from The Economic Times, BlackBerry is calling its version of Android "BlackBerry Secure", and it includes all the security features now shipping on its Android devices.
Under this licensing deal, a smartphone manufacturer will be able to launch its own-branded smartphone with the security features and secure private version of Android operating system by the Canadian company. According to the online publication, the Canadian company is now in talks with various hardware manufacturers to reach licensing agreements for the soon-to-be-announced OS. "We are not looking at any other partners for pure BlackBerry brand", Thurber said.
Solange Announces New Digital Interactive Exhibit With London's Tate Modern
An interactive version of " Seventy States " is online now, and you can view it on the TATE website here. The state I so greatly wanted to experience, but that never arrived was optimism.
Optiemus, a distributor of mobile phones and accessories, earlier this year inked a 10-year brand licensing deal with BlackBerry. It has a similar deal with Optiemus in India, which was responsible for bringing out Limited Edition Black BlackBerry Keyone for Indian markets.
BlackBerry already licenses its name and software to Chinese manufacturer TCL, and now it looks like BlackBerry is looking to start licensing its BlackBerry Secure operating system to other device manufacturers. "We have a very specific plan and we are working to that plan", Thurber said.
BlackBerry's Android ROM is named as "BlackBerry Secure". Would you prefer to buy a phone that ships with the company's security features or do you think those are a thing of the past?
- Des policiers attaqués devant Buckingham Palace, un homme arrêté — Londres
- West Ham's Robert Snodgrass joins Aston Villa on season-long loan
- National Basketball Association 2K18 Will Release New Cover After The Big Kyrie Irving Trade
- Heavy rain lashes Punjab cities, KP, northern areas
- Police respond to Buckingham Palace area due to alleged assault
- Le Havre perd pour la première fois de la saison à Nîmes
- Millions watch video warning of drug dangers after woman dies
- Record aux USA : il gagne 758 millions de dollars à la loterie
- PSG - Al-Khelaïfi : " Pas un tirage facile "
- Tottenham Hotspur agree €25 million deal for Serge Aurier