The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday registered ten cases related to the alleged illegal transfer and misuse of funds from government bank accounts in Bihar's districts of Bhagalpur and Saharsa. The RJD has called it a bigger scam than Madhya Pradesh's Vyapam swindle after at least two prime accused in the case were reported dead over the past week.
The central probe agency has registered 10 FIRs in the case, which was being investigated by the Economic Offences Unit (EOU) of the Bihar Police.
Additional Director General of Bihar Police SK Singhal so far 14 FIRs have been lodged and 18 accused have been arrested by the Special Investigation Team of Bihar Police, after an order by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The NGO allegedly pilfered funds meant for government welfare schemes from the bank accounts of the Bhagalpur district administration.
The CBI began the investigation in the Srijan scam on Thursday.
Right wing group cancels San Francisco rally over violence warnings
Gibson says the Berkeley "No to Marxism in America" is still happening and that they will "put our resources into Berkeley". San Francisco's Mayor Ed Lee and other Democratic leaders strongly opposed the rally.
CBI has taken over the investigation of the said cases from Bihar Police. They claimed that despite his poor health condition, Mandal was not provided access to adequate medical treatment in the Bhagalpur Central Jail premises because the "authorities knew that he was going to make major revelations regarding the Srijan scam which had have sent several important people to jail".
The CBI has also filed an FIR against the Ex-Director of Bank of Baroda (Bhagalpur) and the Ex-cashier & Head Assistant of Land Acquisition Office (Saharsa) in connection with the scam.
Manorama Devi died early this year after which the NGO was being run by Priya Kumar and Amit Kumar, son of Manorama Devi, state government officials had said.
Priya is the daughter-in-law of Manorama Devi, the founder of the NGO.
- Trump's response to Charlottesville just got brutal reviews
- Schalke confirm captain Benedikt Howedes has asked to join Juventus
- Trump's son-in-law meets Netanyahu on Middle East peace trip
- Joe Arpaio, très controversé shérif de l'Arizona, gracié par Trump
- Diables rouges: Radja Nainggolan fait (en partie) machine arrière
- PM Modi condemns violence after Ram Rahim's verdict, appeals to maintain peace
- Bordeaux : "même à 60 M€", Malcom ne bouge pas !
- US Navy Pacific fleet commander to be removed after deadly ship crashes
- ACLU Apologizes For Tweeting Photo of White Baby Because...White Supremacy
- Jawans Killed As Terrorists Attack Security Establishment In Kashmir's Pulwama