McConnell said he and the president communicate regularly to collaborate on Republican Party priorities, which include tax reform, infrastructure legislation, avoiding a government default, and continuing to seek alternatives to the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare.
McConnell said he and the President "are working together" on numerous policy initiatives.
The statement follows a report in The New York Times that said McConnell has privately expressed doubt as to whether president Trump can return from his series of controversies.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnellMitch McConnellTrump's isolation grows Ellison: Trump has "level of sympathy" for neo-Nazis, white supremacists Trump touts endorsement of second-place finisher in Alabama primary MORE (R-Ky.) will talk to voters Thursday in Kentucky.
United States media have reported in recent days that relations between the president and Mr McConnell have deteriorated to a point where both men have engaged in shouting matches.
"They will hold previously scheduled meetings following the August recess to discuss these critical items with members of the congressional leadership and the president's Cabinet", Sanders said.
Sophie Turner Makes Maisie Williams Crack Up with 'Hakuna Matata' Line Reading!
Game Of Thrones fans are not happy that the long-awaited Stark sister reunion is turning into a game of who can kill whom first . In it, the Stark sisters, aka Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams , reunite in Austin, Texas for a GOT South by Southwest panel.
This post has been updated.
In response to McConnell's attempt to calm the waters, an unnamed White House official told CNN the president has no intention of speaking with McConnell until after Labor Day. "After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?"
At a news conference following the Charlottesville rally, Trump said that "both sides" were to blame for violence that erupted at the rally and that there were some "very fine people" among those marching to protect Confederate statues. This, naturally, couldn't possibly sit well with McConnell, and sure enough, the New York Times reports that the two men have not exchanged a word in weeks.
During President Trump's recent working vacation, he exhausted of criticism for not accomplishing any of his major campaign promises, six months into his job.
The sharp contrast in approaches appears to be ratcheting up tensions between the West Wing and the Republican leader. Keep in mind that he already lashed out at Arizona Senator and Trump critic Jeff Flake, so who knows how badly the petty and resentful commander-in-chief will roast Flake on his own turf.
- Florida Football Players Ventrell Miler, James Robinson Cited for Marijuana
- China says new USA sanctions 'won't help' co-operation on N Korea
- Long-suffering Eagles fan's obit has 1 final, amusing message for team
- Jai Lava Kusa Audio Event on Sep 3rd
- Pitter-patter of tiny panda paws? Tian Tian believed to be 'pregnant'
- Tigers, Yankees in bench-clearing brawl; Miguel Cabrera, 3 others ejected
- Schumacher's son to demonstrate '94 title-winning auto at Spa
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Game Of Thrones street names cause battle on Australian housing development
- 'Well, their was...': Trump mocked for latest Twitter typo