The mayor of Italy's Venice said on Thursday that "anyone shouting "Allahu Akbar" in the town's center would be "shot".
"They said they wanted to go and meet Allah so we will send them straight to Allah without having to throw them off the bridge, we will just shoot them". We had four would be terrorists arrested in Venice a few months ago who wanted to blow up the Rialto bridge. "I will say it in Venetian: "Ghe Sparemo" (We will shoot him)", The Times quoted Brugnaro as saying.
Venetian authorities arrested four jihadists from Kosovo in March who allegedly planned to bomb a bridge and kill hundreds of people.
Halsey hits back at fan for slamming her Playboy shoot
One of my big jokes a long time ago was "I look white, but I still have white boys in my life asking me why my nipples are brown". Halsey is the cover girl on the September/October issue of Playboy magazine , which is obviously a HUGE honor.
The comment of the mayor was called provocative by Italian media, however seemed to have caused more positive reaction throughout social media.
While visiting Rimini - a town in Italy - Brugnaro stressed that it was "safer than Barcelona". The "joke" caused unanimous laughter.
"If anyone runs into St Mark's Square shouting "Allahu akbar" we will take him down". Nardella was widely criticized, particularly as the joke came in the aftermath of the terror attack in Barcelona.
He wrote an apology on his Facebook page, which read: "I'm sorry for certain remarks which were caught on video and published online. It was not my intention to offend any person, least of all the Muslim community, or to joke about their religion, or to evoke the tragic events of these days", he wrote.
- Carla Bruni ravie de sa défaite à la primaire — Nicolas Sarkozy
- Have You Seen This? Man distracted by phone plunges into sinkhole
- George RR Martin Isn't Watching 'Game of Thrones' Anymore
- Le CHU de Grenoble réussi la première greffe simultanée des deux bras
- Amnesty International Says Civilians Trapped in 'Deadly Labyrinth' in Raqqa
- SpaceX unveils sleek suit for astronauts
- Jawahar Goel complains to I&B minister, CCI against Star's cricket monopoly
- Dimitar Berbatov se lance aussi dans l'aventure indienne — Transferts
- ADORABLE!! Baby Taimur Pays Mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan A Visit At Work
- Lüthi signe chez Marc VDS — MotoGP