His supporters believe the reason is the political stance he chose to take rather than his ability to play the game.
Now, the NAACP has sent a letter to National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell about the situation, saying it's "no sheer coincidence" Kaepernick is unsigned.
Activists held up signs with messages such as "NFL blackout" and "Kaepernick we kneel with you", as several speakers vowed to boycott the league until the quarterback was signed. Crowds of people all ages, races, and genders assembled and listened as the directors from the National Action Network spoke spiritedly about racial discrimination, civil rights, and standing behind Colin Kaepernick in hopes for his employement in the NFL. He led his team to the Super Bowl and was rated top 10 a year ago. The commissioner said in June that "if a football team feels that Colin Kaepernick, or any other player, is going to improve that team, they're going to do it".
Hostages taken at Downtown Charleston restaurant, 1 person shot
Charleston Police tweeted that an area between Calhoun and Morris Streets is blocked to drivers and pedestrian traffic. The gunman remains inside the restaurant with two hostages, according to Charleston Police spokesman Charles Francis.
The Super Bowl quarterback strode into the national spotlight in 2016 by taking a knee during the pre-game playing of the national anthem. Rally organizers and peaceful protestors gathered as one and spoke on police brutality and social injustice while providing alternatives that will influence change.
"Last season, Mr. Kaepernick chose to exercise his first amendment right by protesting the inequitable treatment of people of color in America", said NAACP interim President and CEO Derrick Johnson in the letter. "We demand that the National Football League protect the rights of their players who speak out on injustice".
- Remains discovered during searches after USS John S. McCain collision
- "American Horror Story Saison 7 : "la bande-annonce de " Cult " est sortie
- YotaPhone 3 announced with dual-screen and Android Nougat
- VIDÉO - Emmanuel Macron : "Les Français détestent les réformes"
- Pakistan qualify for FIH tourney in India
- European Union risks breakup without social dumping reform: Macron
- Un test technique de Rainbow Six Siege
- Il aurait abusé de ses deux filles, dont l'une vient d'accoucher — Oise
- Noteworthy Stock to Watch For: Tiffany & Co. (TIF)
- Even if the iPhone 8 does cost $1000, this wireless deal is still worth it