That man was drunk, police said, and searches of the van and the man's home turned up nothing related to terrorism.
"It can also be someone who was going to a camping site, but with the threat that we have, and what we found in the van, we chose to investigate", he said. The American rock band Allah-Las was scheduled to perform, the band's website said.
Police will be deployed at Allah-Las' concert in Warsaw tonight as a precaution, Polish authorities told the Associated Press.
"The suspicion is that the suspect is involved in the preparation of a terrorist attack", Rotterdam Police Chief Frank Paauw said.
The 22-year-old suspect was being questioned by police and prosecutors.
The man was arrested during a police a raid at his house, which Rotterdam police said they searched "extensively". "There is no threat because we have arrested a suspect and the information about the threat was so specific on the location of the event that, with that arrest, we can conclude that the threat is gone". Details about the arrest have not been released.
At 153kg, this GIANT SAMOSA is the world's LARGEST
Soon after it was made, a food safety officer conducted a test. #GuinnessWorldRecord for the largest samosa is smashed in London. The previous record for the world's largest samosa was of 110.8 kg set by Bradford College in northern England in June 2012.
A concert by Los Angeles band Allah-Las was cancelled Wednesday night after a tip off from Spanish police.
The venue was evacuated before the gig started because of an "unspecified threat".
A Rotterdam police officer stationed close to the Maassilo on Wednesday night stopped a van with Spanish license plates that was driving erratically. Inside the van were a couple of gas bottles.
Spanish authorities have said it is unlikely there was any connection between the threat and the attacks that took place last week in Barcelona and Cambrils. The Dutch National Coordinator for Security and Counterterrorism's office said that the threat level of an attack in the Netherlands remained unchanged at "substantial", where it has been since 2013. "The man, a fix man, had an explanation for the gas canisters that will be investigated today". Ekkers says it is "not likely" that suspect is a terror threat.
A van containing gas canisters has been discovered near a music venue in Rotterdam, hours after a tip-off from Spanish police led to the cancellation of a rock concert.
A judicial source in Spain said there was, however, no link to the vehicle attacks that killed 15 people in Spain last week where police also discovered a plot to make a powerful bomb out of gas canisters. Dutch authorities did not specify the number of canisters in the van.
- ADORABLE!! Baby Taimur Pays Mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan A Visit At Work
- Val Bondasca landslide leaves eight missing in Switzerland
- Le CHU de Grenoble réussi la première greffe simultanée des deux bras
- Malasanità, ennesimo caso a Napoli: muore 23enne dopo 4 ore di attesa
- Drop in net migration since Brexit vote as more European Union citizens leave
- Euro-Area Factories Feed Best Growth Spell for Economy in Years
- Venice mayor instructs police to shoot anyone who yells "Allahu Akbar"
- Elizabeth Olsen reveals the advice her sisters gave her about celebrity life
- Institutional Investors Have Increased Interest in Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA)
- Jawahar Goel complains to I&B minister, CCI against Star's cricket monopoly