But thankfully, she is back on social media, and as forthright as ever.
Yesterday afternoon, the "Bad at Love" singer posted a photograph of her recent Playboy cover to Instagram and received a barrage of abuse from followers who appeared confused how she could claim to be a women's rights advocate yet pose semi-nude in a magazine which has always been known to promote the titillation of men.
Unfortunately, one troll had the audacity to criticize her so-called hypocritical ways; specifically, that she calls herself a feminist while posing for a historically risqué publication like Playboy.
"Yeah it's insane. I can show my t**s in Playboy, perform at the Nobel Peace, speak at the Planned Parenthood Gala with Hillary Clinton, shake my ass on 300 stages, give a speech at the United Nations, do 150 shots of tequila, get a #1 album, and march in the streets of DC all in just ONE year!" she wrote.
Amnesty International Says Civilians Trapped in 'Deadly Labyrinth' in Raqqa
In one incident documented by Amnesty, a dozen shells hit a single residential building, killing at least 12 people, among them a baby.
Hours later, the Now Or Never singer CLAPPED BACK at the antagonizer, proudly proclaiming she's a "multi-dimensional" woman who could "show my tits in Playboy" yet can also "give a speech at the United Nations"! My body just broke the fuck down.
Halsey is the cover girl on the September/October issue of Playboy magazine, which is obviously a HUGE honor. I'm a black woman. One of my big jokes a long time ago was "I look white, but I still have white boys in my life asking me why my nipples are brown". Every now and then I experience these racial blips.
Sorry mate, but Halsey was not going to put up with that, and posted another image that showed the man's comment, and her fire response to him, with the caption "JUST so we are fucking CLEAR". So it's been weird navigating that.
Sorry dudes, you don't get to decide what is feminist activity for a woman to engage in.
- Cadila Healthcare advances 9% on final approval from USFDA for hypertension drug
- New Quinnipiac Poll: Trump is dividing the country
- M&M's releases exclusive Cookies and Screeem flavor for Halloween
- Volkswagen T-Roc is ready to tackle the compact CUV segment
- AAI in alliance with cab aggregators at leading airports
- Mis en cause sur sa campagne, Hamon se défend — Présidentielle
- SpaceX unveils sleek suit for astronauts
- Evangelical students returning university diplomas to protest Trump
- George RR Martin Isn't Watching 'Game of Thrones' Anymore
- Unusual Volume Spikes For: AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (AMC)