A group of over 20 Muslim Aid UK volunteers in London succeeded in making the world's largest samosa - a triangular pastry filled with ground meat or vegetables - for the World's Largest Samosa Challenge, and documented it all on Twitter.
Once the samosa was taken out of the Value-Added Tax, an independent food safety officer did a check, which the giant snack passed with flying colours leading to much cheers for the team. The inside was made with traditional veggie samosa ingredients such as potatoes, peas, onions, coriander, and spices, according to Muslim Aid UK.
And, of course, there's no point in attempting to beat a Guinness Record unless you go through the due processes, so Guinness World Records officials were on hand to make sure it was a legitimate result. The critical record is the net weight.
The huge samosa was set up on an oversized wire rack, despite some cracks in the pastry, and then lowered into a custom built deep-fryer for the final result which was crisp and golden. Soon after it was made, a food safety officer conducted a test.
Jawahar Goel complains to I&B minister, CCI against Star's cricket monopoly
The broadcaster also holds global media rights for Asia Cup and all events organised by the International Cricket Council (ICC). This means that telecast rights of as many as 191 matches are with Star only.
#GuinnessWorldRecord for the largest samosa is smashed in London.
The previous record for the world's largest samosa was of 110.8 kg set by Bradford College in northern England in June 2012. Project organiser Farid Islam told the agency that it was very tense and his heart was beating all the time. "When I realised there was not a single pot in the country that could hold that weight, we had to get something tailor made". "A crack appeared and I feared the worst", he said.
It was cooked in 15 hours and was served into hundreds of portions which were distributed to local homeless via the Salvation Army.
- Val Bondasca landslide leaves eight missing in Switzerland
- Manchester United v Leicester betting preview
- Despite the controversies, Uber's revenue continues to increase
- Le CHU de Grenoble réussi la première greffe simultanée des deux bras
- Joey Bada$$ Stares Into The Eclipse, Cancels Concerts After
- New Quinnipiac Poll: Trump is dividing the country
- Dimitar Berbatov se lance aussi dans l'aventure indienne — Transferts
- Venice mayor instructs police to shoot anyone who yells "Allahu Akbar"
- Evangelical students returning university diplomas to protest Trump
- George RR Martin Isn't Watching 'Game of Thrones' Anymore