Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (L) and U.S. President Donald Trump talk as they arrive for a family photo, during the G7 Summit in Taormina, Sicily, Italy, May 26, 2017. "...so I think we'll end up probably terminating NAFTA at some point...."
"Personally, I don't think we can make a deal", the President told thousands of supporters at the Phoenix Convention Center.
Regardless, he assured the crowd, "you're in good hands".
Rents in Cork city rise by nearly 7%
The latest Daft .ie Rental Report shows that the average monthly rent nationwide during the second quarter of 2017 was €1,159. Five beds have seen the slowest growth at 9.1%, with the average property of this size now renting for €1,172.
During his presidential campaign, Trump focused his attention on NAFTA, calling it the "worst trade deal in history", and vowed to rework or terminate any trade deal that negatively impacted American workers and the country's economy.
Talks to renegotiate the trade agreement involving Canada, Mexico and the United States got underway last week, after Mr. Trump threatened to scrap the treaty unless the US got better terms. Bloomberg reports that the next round of negotiations is scheduled for Sept. 1-5 in Mexico, with talks moving to Canada in late September and back to the U.S.in October.
The Canadian and Mexican negotiators agree that NAFTA needs to be updated, but they have defended it as an economic success story for expanding trade between the three countries.
Earlier this year, Trump said he decided not to terminate NAFTA and instead renegotiate it after calls with both countries' leaders.
- Cisco To Acquire Hyper-Converged Technology Partner Springpath For $320 Million
- Angola Holds Vote to Mark End of Dos Santos's 38-Year Rule
- Blue Whale Challenge ban plea
- Red Hat, Microsoft simplify containers for hybrid clouds
- Fukushima reactor 'ice wall' almost finished
- Jamie Vardy gives Leicester fitness boost ahead of cup clash
- Eleanor Rigby's grave deeds to be auctioned with The Beatles song score
- Two arrested in Morocco over suspected links to Barcelona attackers
- FC Barcelona Are 2/1 To Sign Angel Di Maria This Summer
- New "Smackdown Live" Women's Champion Crowned at "SummerSlam" 2017