Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (L) and U.S. President Donald Trump talk as they arrive for a family photo, during the G7 Summit in Taormina, Sicily, Italy, May 26, 2017. "...so I think we'll end up probably terminating NAFTA at some point...."
"Personally, I don't think we can make a deal", the President told thousands of supporters at the Phoenix Convention Center.
Regardless, he assured the crowd, "you're in good hands".
Watch a Tesla Smoke a Lamborghini Aventador at the Drag Strip
And this video posted to YouTube by DragTimes is just the latest in a series of evidentiary exhibits that proves it. The Tesla vehicles tested top out at $165,000 while the Aventador is priced at $530,000.
During his presidential campaign, Trump focused his attention on NAFTA, calling it the "worst trade deal in history", and vowed to rework or terminate any trade deal that negatively impacted American workers and the country's economy.
Talks to renegotiate the trade agreement involving Canada, Mexico and the United States got underway last week, after Mr. Trump threatened to scrap the treaty unless the US got better terms. Bloomberg reports that the next round of negotiations is scheduled for Sept. 1-5 in Mexico, with talks moving to Canada in late September and back to the U.S.in October.
The Canadian and Mexican negotiators agree that NAFTA needs to be updated, but they have defended it as an economic success story for expanding trade between the three countries.
Earlier this year, Trump said he decided not to terminate NAFTA and instead renegotiate it after calls with both countries' leaders.
- Red Hat, Microsoft simplify containers for hybrid clouds
- 'Crazy Experience': Passenger Says Man Tried To Open Plane Door Midflight
- Majority of babies not sleeping safely
- Google and Walmart are joining forces to take on Amazon
- Matt LeBlanc Wants To Retire And Drive His Bulldozer 'All Day Long'
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Unsafe viewing of Monday's eclipse may have caused eye damage
- Angola Holds Vote to Mark End of Dos Santos's 38-Year Rule
- Fukushima reactor 'ice wall' almost finished
- New "Smackdown Live" Women's Champion Crowned at "SummerSlam" 2017