- Millions of people in the United States looked up at the sky on August 21, 2017, and witnessed a rare solar eclipse.
It also revealed a stunning animation from a weather satellite.
Station crew members will have their cameras outfitted with special filters on Monday for three chances to photograph the solar eclipse from windows aboard the orbiting laboratory. "Observing a total solar eclipse from manned spacecraft is hard though not impossible", NASA stated.
The event was especially incredible near Banner, Wyoming where NASA captured the International Space Station and moon simultaneously passing in front of the sun.
Steven Matz pitching through elbow issue, may need surgery
The left-hander has had a long history of elbow problems and has posted an ugly 6.07 ERA over 13 starts this season. Newsday reported that Matz has been diagnosed with a nerve issue and has pitched through pain all season.
Russian cosmonauts Fyodor Yurchikhin and Sergey Ryazanskiy are also onboard, as well as European Space Agency astronaut Paolo Nespoli.
Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the Moon, used the occasion to remember his own experiences. Northern Ocean County will experience between 73 and 74 percent eclipse coverage while the southern portion of the county, south to Cape May, will experience about 74 to 76 percent.
In a NASA Facebook session on Friday, astronaut Randy Bresnik stated that since the ISS goes around the Earth every 90 minutes, they'll get to see the event three times.
- Mystikal Sought By Police On First Degree Rape Charge
- Manhunt intensifies in Spain for suspected final cell member
- FDA Approves Novel Fixed-Dose Combo Treatment for Gout
- GOP senator: 'Too hard to say' if Trump will be 2020 nominee
- Spanish police shoot suspected Barcelona attacker
- La vanguardia: Spanish police arrest main Barcelona van attack suspect
- Inde: ne disposant pas de toilettes à domicile, elle obtient le divorce
- Neymar critique ouvertement la direction du Barça
- British Airways Passenger Forced to Sit in Urine-Soaked Seat
- Astrazeneca PLC (NYSE:AZN) Stock Traded -8.1% Below Its 50 Day Average