As to when your particular device will get the update, that remains on the manufacturer of your phone.
The latest iteration of Google's popular Android software is set to be revealed today.
Gianforte ordered to have mugshot and fingerprints taken for assault charge
West said in his order, signed Thursday, that the court has the authority to order fingerprinting and photographing. Gianforte had not been arrested and booked into the Detention Center the night of the assault.
After a lot of waiting, Google finally announced that the next version of Android will be officially called Android Oreo.
The feature will display the previews on video results in the video carousel, and will work on the majority of videos uploaded to the internet - not just those uploaded to YouTube. Previous versions of Android were dubbed Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop, KitKat and Jelly Bean. Google has yet to announce the official name and many wonder what the O could stand for.
Behind the scenes, though, there will also be changes to make Android phones more efficient, Google said on its blog. Any device enrolled in the Android Beta Program will also be upgraded to these final builds. "Android is helping you experience this historic natural phenomenon so you can learn more about the eclipse and count down to the big day-when you'll meet the next release of Android and all of its super (sweet) new powers". Bringing features like picture-in-picture, Autofill, stronger security protections, speed improvements, notification dots, new emoji, and much more, Android 8.0 Oreo appears to be one stellar update.
However, it will be some time before your smartphone will come with the new Android OS.
Google has said that the update will hit Pixel and Nexus devices "soon". You can press and hold on the app icon to view the notification, and also swipe to dismiss it. All the while, Android co-creator Andy Rubin is also coming out with a line of devices, only some of which use the Android platform.
- Asuka suffers collarbone injury
- Abbas to Meretz: Peace Deal Assured If Only Trump Pushed Israel More
- Nervous Japanese hold drill in case North Korea fires missiles over them
- Botham a big influence, says Broad
- DEADPOOL Villain In Talks For R-Rated HELLBOY Reboot
- Odell Beckham Jr. leaves game at Cleveland with ankle sprain
- Incredible Photo Shows International Space Station Flying Through Solar Eclipse
- Black Republicans Do Not Have Donald Trump's Back
- Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhapsody casts Queen bandmates
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola refuses to discuss Kyle Walker's red card