Sharma, who died on Friday, hailed from Bathinda in Punjab.
Deepak Sharma, 22, was undergoing pre-commission training at IMA, and was one of six cadets who collapsed during training, the report added. These two deaths have shocked the premier military training institute of the country.
"Seven gentlemen cadets fell unwell due to dehydration".
The IMA on its part came out with its version on the unfortunate deaths of cadets.
Discovery Museum to host safe solar eclipse viewing
The North Museum of Nature and Science will host a solar eclipse celebration on Monday from 10 a.m-5 p.m. At approximately 1:15p.m. people in the capital region could see the moon as is began to cover the sun.
An Army statement said the two cadets were participating in a training camp for first- term cadets of the Indian Military Academy (IMA) in the general area of Badshahi Bagh in Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh. They were administered first aid by the medical officer on the spot.
Cadet Deepak Sharma and Cadet Nabin Kumar Chhetri passed away on August 18 and 19 respectively after both fainted during a 10-km run as part of their training near Dehradun. "The individual succumbed to exhaustion and dehydration and passed away at 1.30pm on 18 August despite best efforts made by the doctors", the IMA claimed.
Chhetri, too, was in the military hospital from where he was referred to another Dehradun hospital where the best medical treatment by specialised doctors was provided. The best medical treatment by specialised doctors both at Military Hospital Dehradun was provided and all efforts were made to treat the individual, " reads the communiqué.
The remaining cadets have been treated at the military hospital and are stable.Such runs called route marches are held from time to time by the IMA to boost the cadets stamina and endurance. The Physician at the associated hospital of Government Doon Medical College (GDMC), Rameshwar Pandey said that many times a youngster looking fit could suffer from many diseases which could manifest later.
- Inde: ne disposant pas de toilettes à domicile, elle obtient le divorce
- Baby named 'Eclipse' born in SC
- Swansea City 0-4 Manchester United: Four Things We Learned
- Berkshire nudged out of Oncor by Sempra Energy's $9.45-bn bid
- Wayne Rooney inscrit son 200e but en Premier League — Angleterre
- The AP Top 25 Poll
- Teenage Girl Pleads Guilty To Lesser Charge In Slender Man Stabbing Case
- FDA Approves Novel Fixed-Dose Combo Treatment for Gout
- Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay US-$417M in talcum powder lawsuit
- Steven Matz pitching through elbow issue, may need surgery