Sharma, who died on Friday, hailed from Bathinda in Punjab.
Deepak Sharma, 22, was undergoing pre-commission training at IMA, and was one of six cadets who collapsed during training, the report added. These two deaths have shocked the premier military training institute of the country.
"Seven gentlemen cadets fell unwell due to dehydration".
The IMA on its part came out with its version on the unfortunate deaths of cadets.
Victoria Azarenka announces withdrawal from 2017 US Open
Azarenka's withdrawal has opened up a place for Japan's Misa Eguchi in the main draw at the year's final grand slam. The former world number one Victoria Azarenka will miss the US Tennis Open because of an "ongoing family situation".
An Army statement said the two cadets were participating in a training camp for first- term cadets of the Indian Military Academy (IMA) in the general area of Badshahi Bagh in Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh. They were administered first aid by the medical officer on the spot.
Cadet Deepak Sharma and Cadet Nabin Kumar Chhetri passed away on August 18 and 19 respectively after both fainted during a 10-km run as part of their training near Dehradun. "The individual succumbed to exhaustion and dehydration and passed away at 1.30pm on 18 August despite best efforts made by the doctors", the IMA claimed.
Chhetri, too, was in the military hospital from where he was referred to another Dehradun hospital where the best medical treatment by specialised doctors was provided. The best medical treatment by specialised doctors both at Military Hospital Dehradun was provided and all efforts were made to treat the individual, " reads the communiqué.
The remaining cadets have been treated at the military hospital and are stable.Such runs called route marches are held from time to time by the IMA to boost the cadets stamina and endurance. The Physician at the associated hospital of Government Doon Medical College (GDMC), Rameshwar Pandey said that many times a youngster looking fit could suffer from many diseases which could manifest later.
- Berkshire nudged out of Oncor by Sempra Energy's $9.45-bn bid
- Manchester City s'en sort de justesse face à Everton — Premier League
- Nepal announces to hold provincial, federal polls on November 26
- Inde: ne disposant pas de toilettes à domicile, elle obtient le divorce
- Arsenal don't get fair share of penalties: Wenger
- Ischia natural disaster : Multiple people missing after quake hits Italian island near Naples
- Discovery Museum to host safe solar eclipse viewing
- Age of Empires IV revealed for Windows 10, developed by Relic
- FDA Approves Novel Fixed-Dose Combo Treatment for Gout
- GOP senator: 'Too hard to say' if Trump will be 2020 nominee