Volkswagen Group has announced plans to revive its popular microbus as an electric vehicle. The company made the announcement at an annual vehicle show in Pebble Beach.
Volkswagen has been promoting the concept for more than a decade. The word was that the I.D. Buzz, the name of the concept Microbus, was going to go into production.
"After the presentations at the global motor shows in Detroit and Geneva, we received a large number of letters and emails from customers who said, "please build this car", Volkswagen brand chief Herbert Diess said in a statement.
The 2022 VW Microbus will be based on VW's new electric modular platform, which is set to hold up VW's electric lineup starting with a hatchback in 2020.
Aaron Mooy goal seals second successive win for newcomers Huddersfield
On the other hand, Newcastle is a much better team than Huddersfield Town and I think they will show this in the game. But the firsts don't stop there; the goal also goes down as Huddersfield's first top-flight home goal in 45 years.
"This vehicle is the ideal balance between emotion, usability and sustainability, while also showcasing our technological leadership".
The microbus still stands as one of the most recognizable models of the German Company.
According to the company, the new microbus will get semi-autonomous capability, capable of Level 3 self-driving.
Like the show auto, the production version will have its batteries mounted in the floor and because, says VW, the electric drive system doesn't take up much room, the front and rear axles can be pushed apart to create plenty of room inside and both short front and rear overhangs. "The vehicle looks like a compact commercial van on the outside, even though it offers the generous interior space of a large SUV", Diess explained. With a high seating capacity, room for lots of cargo, and versatility, combined with an option for an all-wheel drive package, Volkswagen believes it is exactly what customers want, and is the flawless fit for a zero-emission lifestyle.
- 10 missing, 5 injured after USA destroyer collides with oil tanker
- Binge-Watching Leads To Poorer Sleep, Among Other Things
- Les auteurs des attentats préparaient "une attaque de plus grande envergure"
- Attentats de Barcelone et Cambrils: le point à 9H30
- "Pas de victime sud-coréenne pour l'instant" — Attentat à Barcelone
- Jay Z and Pink among headliners at V Festival
- Donald Trump's response to the Barcelona terror attack has sparked outrage
- Steelers Experimenting With Haley Calling Plays Upstairs During Preseason
- Mass Commemorates Victims of Spanish Terror
- JEE Advance 2018 will be completely online