NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, once embattled, now would have job security through 2024.
According to Daniel Kaplan of Sports Business Daily, the league is close to a deal with commissioner Roger Goodell to extend his contract.
Goodell's current deal had two years remaining on it. A committee chaired by Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank has had ongoing discussions about a new contract for Goodell since the league meetings in May, the source tells Schefter. Goodell made almost $32 million in fiscal year 2015, according to the league's tax filing from that year, and has made $212.5 million in his first 10 years as commissioner.
Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer Showcases Locations And Characters Like Caesar And Cleopatra
An Origin Story - Start here, at the very beginning, with the never-before-told origin story of Assassin's Creed . The franchise has been known for including period-appropriate characters in their games.
Goodell's current contract runs through 2019, so there was no real urgency to secure an extension, but making the move now represents a significant vote of confidence from the owners days after NFL Players' Association chief DeMaurice Smith said he expects a strike or lockout to occur in 2021.
Goodell has served as commissioner since 2006, when he took over for Paul Tagliabue, who chose to retire.
Goodell is expected in the New England area in two weeks leading up to the NFL Kickoff Game between the Patriots and Chiefs on September 7.
- Secret Service Investigating Trump Assassination Comment
- Rosneft, Trafigura finalize $12.9 billion deal for Essar Oil
- 7 of the Wildest Plastic Surgery Stories on Botched
- Behind the scenes at Manchester City
- Pas de réouverture d'ambassades sans rompre avec les rebelles — Syrie
- La note de la Tunisie se dégrade de Ba3 à B1 — Moody's
- Rose Byrne And Bobby Cannavale Expecting Second Child Together
- South joint drills begin amid North Korea tensions
- Essential Phone will get two more magnetic accessories
- PUBG will be published by Microsoft for the Xbox One version