He said evidence in the case also included a recorded telephone conversation involving a prisoner and his mother which, though coded, appeared to reference the transportation of drugs into Maghaberry.
The charges follow an investigation by PSNI Criminal Investigation Branch into the trafficking of prohibited items into Maghaberry Prison.
He was taken to Musgrave Police Station for questioning.
He faces a total of 16 charges, including possession with intent to supply class A, B and C drugs; conspiracy to supply drugs; misconduct in a public office; and conveying prohibited items into a prison.
A 55-year-old woman and a 26-year-old woman who were arrested as part of the same investigation have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
La 2e étape et le maillot rouge pour Lampaert — Vuelta
Puis, juste avant le rond-point, ils m'ont crié: "Go, go, go!" Je savais que je pouvais tenir un kilomètre à très haute allure. Seul favori a terminer avec les meilleurs, Vincenzo Nibali, 10e, refile 5 secondes à Chaves et huit à Froome, Aru et Majka.
"This operation is a good example of how collaborative working can disrupt crime and also demonstrates our commitment to Keeping People Safe by removing harmful drugs from society".
Drugs were also recovered during searches in Lisburn and Dungannon.
Detective Chief Inspector Brian Foster, from the PSNI's Criminal Investigation Branch, said at the time: "During the searches in HMP Maghaberry and in the Lisburn and Dungannon areas today, detectives seized a quantity of suspected Class A and Class B controlled drugs and drugs paraphernalia".
"We will continue to work closely with the Prison Service to clamp down on the trafficking of illicit drugs into prisons".
"I would commend everyone involved in this operation".
- Matt LeBlanc Was Offered Great Role, But He Turned It Down
- Shahid Kapoor's Shirtless Snap Will Leave You With Goosebumps
- Swansea have bid rejected for Hull City midfielder
- Trudeau, Irish leader march in Montreal Pride parade
- Ohio Judge Shot Outside Courthouse in Apparent Ambush-Style Attack
- Two more people arrested over Folkestone harbour death
- Arsenal outcasts Carl Jenkinson and Cohen Bramall to join Birmingham on loan
- Ludovic Giuly nommé ambassadeur — Monaco
- Qatar World Cup to feature 40000-seater stadium designed like skullcap
- Coast guard searching for missing kayaker