KU Police said the woman, who isn't a KU student, was walking around around the 1700 block of Naismith Drive when she was grabbed by an unknown man and pinned to the ground. She fought the attacker, who got up and fled the scene.
The University of Kansas Police Department is alerting people to a sexual assault that was reported early Sunday morning. The woman was not injured during the incident.
The suspect is described as a white male, wavy brown hair, over the ear in length with a beard.
Jerry Falwell Jr. defends Trump's 'many sides' comment
Falwell was an early supporter of Trump's candidacy, and Trump has appointed him to chair a U.S. Falwell said people merely misunderstood the president.
KU police say they will be increasing patrols in the area. He was wearing a dark shirt and khaki trousers at the time of the attack, according to the alert.
Anyone with information is asked to call KU Crime Stoppers or KU Public Safety Office.
- Kiran Bedi's Secret Inspection In Puducherry
- 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Takes Top At Box Office
- Punjab CM visits Punjab and Haryana High Court Bar Association office
- White supremacist rally fizzles, overtaken by massive anti-racism march
- Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde defiant after terror attacks in city
- Four workers killed in explosion at southeastern shipyard
- Tottenham-Chelsea : les compos sont là !
- Where are North Carolina's Confederate monuments? Here's a map
- Chris Gimenez heads back to Twins' bench against Diamondbacks
- Manchester United off to best scoring start in 110 years