Unfortunately, Tiffany, the constipated gorilla, had more health problems that she let on as animal doctors who performed the surgery later found out that she had late-stage ovarian cancer. The operation was done to remove a significant amount of stool from her colon. The results revealed that she had two abdominal masses that were eventually found to be tumors associated with stage 4 ovarian cancer.
She died a short time after, "surrounded by the team of people that cared for her", according to the zoo.Based on his statement, zoo keepers were hoping for the best-case scenario where Tiffany recovers fully. He said the gorilla loves board books, stuffed toys and that she enjoyed "watching kids, and kids loved to watch her".
"We just could not see an appropriate way to administer a regimen of chemotherapy to treat the cancer", said Wiley. The surgeons and veterinarians halted the procedure and eventually chose to no longer wake up the animal after the surgery.
Full House star John Stamos shares booty-ful snap
He'd got his back to the lens, but had turned his head around to face it, and the Full House star captioned: '#54 and clean. Apparently, based on the caption, it was an effort to thank his many fans for the birthday wishes.
Tiffany, the constipated gorilla, died just before 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 20, 2017.
The 49-year-old lowland gorilla did not show improvements since her surgery on Wednesday. She was nothing short of wonderful and will certainly never be forgotten.
Tiffany was born in 1968 at the Kansas City Zoo and has spent much of her time since then at the Topeka Zoo, aside from four years she lived at the Buffalo Zoo in NY in the 1980s. "She was nothing short of incredible and will certainly never be forgotten", Topeka Zoo said in a statement. "It seemed like everyone knew who Tiffany was".
- McDonald's to shut 169 outlets in India
- United States suspends procedure of issuing nonimmigrant visas throughout Russian Federation
- Burnley break club transfer record to sign Chris Wood for £15 million
- Aston races into the record books at $22.5m
- PlayStation Hack Affects Twitter Account
- [Newsmaker] Samsung Bioepis jumps into new drug development with Japan's Takeda
- 3 in Preseason AP Poll
- Monumental questions, starting with 'when' Confederate memorials were built
- Gamescom 2017 : Final Fantasy 15 Windows Edition est annoncée pour début 2018
- Leaks out Intel's Coffee Lake launch plans, pricing